1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: Mike Phipps' late delivery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 11, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Bengals-Eagles to start the week sounds awful, but it's likely going to be a pretty entertaining game for fantasy purposes if nothing else.

Great slate of games Sunday:
    Giants at Falcons: OK, Atlanta, you want respect, win this game
    Packers at Bears: OK, Jay Cutler, you want respect, win this game
    Redskins at Browns: All of a sudden, Cleveland is winning, and RG3's status is uncertain
    Broncos at Ravens: Baltimore really needs a win, but Denver hasn't lost in two months
    Colts at Texans: Indy has a chance to steal the division with two against Houston in the next three weeks
    Steelers at Cowboys: Two teams clinging to playoff hopes, and both will find plenty of ways to make it interesting
    49ers at Patriots: Kaepernick deserves a new tattoo if he can win in Foxborough.

Monday's game:
    Jets at Titans: Ugh.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Jesus. That is a great group of games. Looks like my Monday night is open, though. Awful.

RG3 is going to play.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I figure he'll play, too. Even if he does, winning in Cleveland won't be as easy as people assumed a couple weeks ago.

The bigger injury for the Redskins may end up being Dez Bryant. If he is sidelined, the Cowboys are in trouble down the stretch. Even if he does play, it'll be with two fingers taped together, and that's a bitch for a wide receiver.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Only three defenses have slowed the Pats down the least little bit this year, and oddly enough, two of 'em were from the AFC West, the Cards and Seahawks. Since the 49ers allegedly have the best defense in that division, I'm interested to see what they can do. BTW, if there was an Assistant Coach of the Year award, Pats' OL coach Dante Scarnecchia would be a hands-down winner. The OL is the relatively untold story of their offense.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You know ESPN is saying to themselves......"How can we make this turd at least halfway interesting?"

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Agree on both. I mean, I certainly think the Skins can beat the Browns, and maybe beat them bad depending on how effective RG3 is, but it's not a pushover by any means.

And yeah, the Bryant injury is huge. I mean, the good news was flowing nicely for Skins fans yesterday. Which means it's bound to come crashing down. Probably Sunday.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's just a great week of games...

Could likely No. 1 seeds inspire less fear than Houston and Atlanta?

The Giants should destroy the Falcons, but then again, they played well last week, so they could be due to shit the bed this week.

I'd love to see the Niners win one in Foxborough, but I don't see it happening.

Browns-Redskins is definitely an underrated game.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Cardinals front seven had a fantastic game in Foxboro, Mizzou. That's what the Niners need, too.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It'll be interesting to see if the Patriots can run on the 49ers. The Texans brought the No. 2 run defense into Monday's game and they couldn't stop Ridley and Vereen. Directly related to that, there were a couple play-action passes that could not have been executed better.

I don't know the Pats' defense well enough, but how are they set up for stopping a QB like Kaepernick and the read option?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It is truly amazing to see how Belichick picks up players during the season who make an immediate impact. They stole Talib and Stallworth made a nice contribution last night...

It is amazing to think that the Pats started 3-3 this season, but ever since they overtime win over the Jets, they've been the best team in the league for the last 7-8 weeks.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

well, what's the over/under on how many times espn's cameras flash to tebow? and the under/over on how many times his name is uttered by tirico, gruden and jaws? just when an espn exec concedes there was waaaay too much of tebow during training camp the orldwide leader gets a chance to show it listens to the higher-ups.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It's pretty amazing that the AFC has two teams (the Broncos being the other) which haven't lost in two months.

Not sure how the seedings are going to shake out, but Manning vs. Brady for the AFC title would be unbelievable.

Draft saved Draft deleted