1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: It has to be Tebow, right?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 13, 2011.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about this. Its amazing how he goes from the deep safety over 20 yds back to come up and deliver the blow without missing the tackle. Several times I thought Vernon had room to run but could not shake the sure tackling of Polomalu. I hope his head is fully recovered.

2. Except Baltimore could - could - still lose to the Bengals, who are clawing for a playoff spot, in the finale.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

With all that great speed, why does he suck in coverage?

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He takes chances in coverage, and sometimes he guesses wrong, but he does not suck in coverage.

Watching the Steelers every week, I have noticed something - teams just don't try to throw deep on Pittsburgh. The Steelers will air it out 4-5 times a game, but only a handful of times this season (Bengals to Green, the Ravens) will teams take a five-step drop and wing a post or a go route. I'm guessing they don't want to challenge Polamalu. Or, they are afraid of the rush.

It's nothing but dinks and dunks all day.

It's what teams do not try that I notice, and a lot of that is that maniac in a secondary making them think twice.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

So Big Ben voraciously denied afterward that he got a shot before the game.
    Says he heard Steve Young and those guys talking about it but it was two Advils and two Tylenols.
    And of his Steelers and shots ... "we don't do that kind of stuff around here."

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I find that hard to believe.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Last thing about last night's game, anyone else notice that when it was obvious that the 49ers were not going to throw at all, under 5 mins. left, 20-3, the Steelers put 9 in the box, within 4 yds of scrimmage and there was no way the run would work. Why don't other teams do this in such obvious running situations? Instead, I see the two safeties still back and runners get 10 yds and game over.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A handful of Vicodin would trump any shot. :D

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Possible, given that the Ravens have already that they are more than capable of shitting themselves against a weaker opponent.

I mentioned the Clark thing earlier, too. Clark is not very good in coverage, but it would really hurt to be without him against the Broncos. One thing that would help the Steelers deal with all those option plays is how good their secondary is against the run. Take Clark way and that becomes a big loss.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Now he might be the biggest ass clown in the history of the NFL. He does not deserve to be in The NFL but The Jets are stuck with his contract.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

In the history of the NFL? I get being pissed at the guy. Hell, I've been pissed at the guy. But that seems a bit much.

You shouldn't be surprised. There was a reason the Steelers gave away their best receiver for a 5th-round draftpick.

Draft saved Draft deleted