1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: It has to be Tebow, right?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 13, 2011.

1. And he's not necessarily wrong, but that's the bed that he made, so he's forced to lay in it. People need to understand that there are responsible for their actions. He seems to think that one offense should not have anything to do with the next. He's wrong, and it does. Whether right or wrong, he needs to realize it is what it is, and deal with it accordingly. That means always playing extra careful.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was the talk a year ago. Honestly I don't see how it can get much worse. Harrison was already getting called for things that shouldn't have been penalties last season.

That said, the Steelers are going to get a ton of roughing calls. Not because of extra scrutiny by the officials, but because they have so many dirty players (Harrison, Clark, Ward and Kemoeatu at the top of the list).

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Overall, I agree with your point, but I really don't think Harrison has it in him to play careful.

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Bears have allowed three touchdowns over the last three weeks (including one on a Hail Mary) and are 0-3 in that span.

The key injury is Cutler, btw.

They do not appear to possess "forward pass" in the arsenal without him.

And at this moment in the season, Seattle is playing better than Oakland or KC.

As a Bears fanboi, it isn't Lynch I fear. It's a complete lack of offense putting insane pressure on the defense, which gets tired in the fourth quarter. (See: Tebow, Miracles By).

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Lynch is definitely in "Beast Mode," but the last time he faced the Bears' defense, he was coming off that incredible performance against the Saints and proceeded to gain 2 yards on 4 carries.
    Of course, the Bears built a big early lead and took him out of the game. Something they will not do Sunday.

And zim is correct. That defense can't keep it up for three more games. I fear what will happen against the Packers.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Tomlin thought his team would be better off with Harrison toeing the line, Harrison would. Tomlin's cost-benefit must figure the Steelers are a better team with Harrison going in full beast mode then with him dialing it down a bit.

7. Crash

Crash Active Member

By "if Tebow beats Brady," I think you mean, "if Denver's defense keeps the Broncos close enough for them to still have a chance with five minutes to go, when the opposing defense inexplicably goes into a prevent defense, the only defense Tebow can pick apart, thus allowing him to drive the Broncos close enough for a Matt Prater tying field goal, thus allowing Denver's defense to come up with another big play that puts the Broncos in an excellent position to win the game," right?

I'm kidding, sort of.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The point about the prevent defense goes to Double Down's earlier point from (relatively) long ago that Tebow just confounds the staid NFL establishment. I'd assume Belichick would be smart enough not to play directly into Tebow's hands and do what every coach does with a late lead. Then again, maybe he's a slave to orthodoxy as well.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed that Cutler is a huge loss for them. Forte was just more recent, which is why I mentioned him. If one or the other was playing, I think they could steamroll Seattle, but without either of them, this is going to be a real slugfest.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Except that he beat the Jets with an all-out blitz, the longest rushing td by a qb in the last minute of a game in the history of the league.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Stop it. Everyone has made it easy for him.

NFL coaches are dumb, and don't know how to run a defense in the last two minutes.

It's not like he's had to execute.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So besides the prevent and the blitz, he's pretty much been contained.

Draft saved Draft deleted