1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: It has to be Tebow, right?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 13, 2011.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

'Cause he's a bore.

Win or lose, I like seeing a qb who doesn't slide 10 yards down the field.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would have if I'd have known it made you so upset.

Regarding this week's matchup, I just hope Tim Tebow plays the game as honorably as Bill Belichick coaches it.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I hope Brady does lose. We can all rally around that.

4. I wonder if the NFL will do anything to the Browns for putting McCoy back in the game after two plays.
    To me, that's worse than Harrison's hit.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don't know why some offensive lineman doesn't go helmet-to-knee on him.

Like to see him try that shit on Tebow, The Return of the 10 Plagues. DAYENU

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What's going to be very interesting is if Harrison ever runs across Brady in that fashion, because the league has made it clear that Brady is not even to be hit.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So McCoy was not trying to run for a first down on the play until the last second? Harrison's job is to stop the ball carrier which is what McCoy was doing until he decided to dump the ball off like a hot potato.

And this was not a late hit, right? It was a bad circumstance, but I don't think the malice was in the hit like you all say. Harrison did hold back. If he hits McCoy 100%, he might have killed him.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is my thought on the entire thing. Harrison absolutely deserved to be disciplined for this. He just doesn't get it. I think a suspension was a bit much, but I'm not surprised. I'm sure it helped the decision along that he won't be playing on Monday Night Football now.

But to do this and let the Browns slide on playing McCoy with a concussion is a joke. It's smoke and mirrors. The league wants everybody to think it is taking concussions seriously by punishing guys like Harrison, but they won't really hit the root of the problem. Teams that don't protect their players properly need to be disciplined. Until the league does that, their concussion policy is a joke.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A lot depends on Roethlisberger's health. I think he will play, but will he be able to scramble around and buy time? That is a huge part of his game and hinders the offense tremendously if he can't do it.

The defense is also going to be hurt by the suspension of Harrison. The run defense was already shaky and the Steelers really don't have much of a pass rush without Harrison and Woodley.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not sure what video you saw that indicated Harrison holding anything back. He drove his helmet into McCoy's helmet and crushed him. It was an illegal hit. Harrison went high on a quarterback. It's pretty obvious at this point that you can not go high on the quarterback.

Don't bother parsing whether McCoy should have dumped it off sooner. When approaching a quarterback, if a defensive player avoids going at the head, he doesn't have to worry about whether the ball was tucked or thrown or anything (Brady calls aside).

Harrison is a headhunter. Always has been. He has chosen not to adapt his style of play and instead chooses to pay the fines. His hit on McCoy hurts his team this week because fines have done nothing to change his behavior.

If Harrison drove his shoulder pads into McCoy's numbers and crushed his lungs, this wouldn't be a discussion. But Harrison keeps going high, so he's got to face the consequences.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not often do you have a QB running as fast as McCoy was charging into a defender. If McCoy was standing still, this hit would be no big deal.

How many of these fines has Harrison gotten this season? If he was a head hunter like you said, I am guessing he would have four or five by now. Right? Maybe seven or eight?

Draft saved Draft deleted