1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: It has to be Tebow, right?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 13, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK, so if you're an advertiser, do you schedule a different ad than the one you would normally run?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

James "The Hitman" Harrison, suspended one game for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Colt McCoy. "It's not like I raped him in the bathroom or anything"

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am not sure where the idea comes about that Tebow especially appeals to women. God-squadders, yes, but he has never been thought of as any kind of sex symbol.

I realize this means I am participating in a discussion based on something Colin Cowherd said, which I guess means it's time for my yearly reaffirmation that I will never do that.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but a lot more women seem to be attracted to his religiosity than men.

Plus, he's crossed into the mainstream, so just on a curiosity basis, more women are interested in him.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If it was up to your boy Cowherd (and others), this game would feature Brady and Orton or Quinn, because Tebow is the fourth best qb on the roster, and would never have seen the light of day.

6. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82503f17/article/steelers-lb-harrison-suspended-one-game-for-mccoy-hit?module=HP11_breaking_news

Eventually, i think, this guy will get it. Currently, he doesn't.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm much more curious about how Belichick plans to stop Tebow in the fourth quarter with a porous defense than in how many women tune in.

8. bigpern23

If he hasn't gotten it yet, he's never going to. He's a nine-year vet who has been fined more than $100,000 this season. There is absolutely no evidence he'll suddenly "get it" in the last two or three years of his career.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Once he doesn't have the Steelers babysitting him, I figure James Harrison has five years post-retirement before he finds the slammer for a long, long time.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No, he won't. He hasn't figured it out by now ... no way will he ever. He's a clueless moron.

11. bigpern23

Eh, I don't have a problem with that. His job is to help his team win the game. If he knocks a quarterback out of the game on a legal hit, he's done his job. If he knocks the QB out on an illegal hit, the flag hurts his team and the resulting suspension hurts his team.

If his only motivation for changing the hit was to do what's best for his team, I have no problem if he doesn't take McCoy into account.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Kyle Orton "beat" (with no help whatsoever from 50 other players) Tom Brady in 2009.

Nobody went apeshit. Well, except Joshy McDaniels.

Draft saved Draft deleted