1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15- A Starr shines bright

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's probably a good move for them, but how the hell can they take money on boxing if that's their rationale?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Vegas never allowed bets on anything not decided by a score on the field until just a couple years ago

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But it didn’t matter if it was a subjective score like boxing

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

On my app in my state, I can get down on NFL MVP. (Though I'm not laying -2500 on Lamar Jackson, haha.) I can see why some states will tread lightly on stuff not decided on the field/court, but books could always just have a $50 max bet or something to guard against shenanigans.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I am watching Inside the NFL for the first time this season and the panel right now is Phil Simms, Steve Smith, Ray Lewis and Brandon Marshall.

You wouldn’t be surprised to learn it’s dysfunctional and largely awful. Phil Simms is still the humorless knob, Steve Smith looks like he wants to punch a teammate, Ray Lewis looks like he wants to stab someone, and Marshall looks like Sideshow Afro.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I was reading an article in the Las Vegas newspaper about the cost overruns on the Raiders stadium. It was reported that costs would approach two billion dollars. The state is contributing $750 million and the Raiders the extra billion plus. The Raiders have to pay a relocation fee to the NFL. I don't know how much the Raiders are paying but the Chargers paid 550 million to move to Los Angeles.

So, if the article is correct, the Raiders are paying about 1.5 billion dollars to move. I realize that the Riders can gain more revenue in the new stadium but that seems to be an awfully big investment. If the Raiders borrow 1.5 billion dollars then the annual payment is about 76 million a year. That is a hell of a lot of sponserships and PSL's to sell.

My question is if anyone knows if the stadium numbers are bogus or somehow the taxpayers are on the hook for additional money.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

When in doubt, just assume that taxpayers will be on the hook when it comes to stadiums.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Raiders and Niners' losses. Talk about a 1-2 gut punch.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The highlight of the Lions game was this inadvertently making air on Fox

9E8A14B4-5730-42AD-A9D0-844F6F1A5C2E.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted