1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15- A Starr shines bright

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Dang, that parlay I talked about way up in the thread would have been gold until the Seahawks shit the bed at the end and pushed. Hit the Ravens cover and the under on Pack-Bears.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Shocking.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Given their history, the league should err on the side of damning.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I always figured the "advance scouting" teams did was pretty much limited to game tape. Figured with the radio helmets, signals from the sideline wouldn't be a thing - and with defenses subbing people in all the time, there's no need for defensive signals.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My app offered an odds-boosted parlay on Friday the 13th betting against the "black cats" -- Panthers, Lions, Bengals, Jaguars (not all black cats, but work with us here). Fuckin' Raiders. I think Vegas could build another hotel off that game -- of course it's no shocker for the Raiders to choke, but no one I heard anywhere was actually betting on it.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Of course this was the week I decided the Jags were hopeless and the Raiders would pull it together. Thankfully, that three-teamer blew up on the launchpad when the Dolphins turned back into the Week 3 Dolphins. If I'm going to lose those, I'd rather go 1-2 than be frustrated at the end by a game like Raiders-Jags.
    Wound up breaking even for the weekend. Hit on the Ravens, pushed on the Seahawks, and lost two three-teamers. Not the greatest weekend, but there are worse outcomes.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not sure what this says:
    The five least penalized teams in the NFL all have losing records. They are the Evil Irsays, Panthers, Bengals, Dolphins and Giants. Collectively, they are 18-51 entering the Irsays' game at the Saints.
    Of the five most penalized teams, the Jets, Browns, Sin City-Bound and London Calling have losing records and the Bucs are 7-7. Collectively, they are 29-41.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

When Drew Brees has a chance to break a record on Monday night, he takes it to another level, doesn't he?
    Good lord. He's 29-of-30 for 307 yards, four touchdowns, and completed his last 22 passes in a row.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Imagine being as talented as Antonio Brown and watching as the Seahawks hired Josh Gordon because they were worried about AB's character? LOL.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Drew Brees broke Peyton Manning's yardage and touchdown record, coincidentally, both in Monday night games. His stat lines:

2018, yardage record: 26-for-29, 363 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT in a 43-19 win over the Redskins

2019, touchdown record: 29-for-30, 307 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INT, completed his last 22 passes in a 34-7 win over the Colts. He also broke the single-game record for completion percentage (96.7 percent, slightly better than Phillip Rivers' 96.6 percent against Arizona last season).

The lesson here: If Brees is ever within range of another major record heading into a Monday night game, take the Saints and lay the points.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

ESPNU was replaying the 2005 Rose Bowl between Texas and USC - usually don't bother with sound, but that was also Keith Jackson's final broadcast - pretty sure I have that tape on VHS somewhere. John Saunders did the trophy presentation - miss that guy too.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted