1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15- A Starr shines bright

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

vegas insider.com
    est
    New York Jets @ Baltimore Ravens (-14.5, 44.5) 8:20 FOX
    Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers (-5.5, 41) 1:00 FOX
    Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs (-10.5, 46.5) 1:00 CBS
    Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans (-2.5, 47.5) 1:00 CBS
    Miami Dolphins @ New York Giants (-3.5, 47.5) 1:00 CBS
    New England Patriots @ Cincinnati Bengals (+10, 39.5) 1:00 CBS
    Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington (+6, 47.5) 1:00 FOX
    Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers (+6.5, 48.5) 1:00 FOX
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions (+4, 47.5) 1:00 FOX
    Cleveland Browns @ Arizona Cardinals (+2.5, 47) 4:05 CBS
    Minnesota Vikings @ Los Angeles Chargers (+2.5, 46) 4:05 CBS
    Atlanta Falcons @ San Francisco 49ers (-11, 45.5) 4:25 FOX
    Los Angeles Rams @ Dallas Cowboys (-3, 47) 4:25 FOX
    Buffalo Bills @ Pittsburgh Steelers (-1, 37) 8:20 NBC
    Indianapolis Colts @ New Orleans Saints (-8, 45) 8:15 ESPN

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'd be giving that Broncos/Chiefs game a wide berth. Broncos have nothing to lose and seem to lash out with great games every few weeks. Andy Reid will be self-pleasuring himself till at least Friday after beating the Pats.
    Surprising at this stage there aren't more games with playoff implications from both teams. It's just:
    Texans/Titans
    Rams/Cry Boys
    Bills/Steelers
    Colts/Aints

By the way, Drew Brees can go fuck himself for posting 40 points in fantasy against the 49ers. Who would have predicted that? And who would have started him over Patty Mahomes? Not this honkey.

Mike Tomlin is gonna win Coach of the Year. Or should anyway. If James Conner can come back, that team has enough weapons -- along with a great defense -- to advance to the AFC title game and probably lose to the Ravens.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Texans at Titans is probably the best game on the schedule. The teams are tied for first in the AFC South and they play again Week 17 at Houston. The second-place team from the division looks like they will be fighting the Steelers and Bills for the wild card.

The Titans should probably be the favorites there. They are tearing it up offensively of late, averaging 37.5 points per game in the last four.

4. outofplace

I doubt Conner is going to have a huge impact. There was a report yesterday that he will be back for the game against the Bills, but that shoulder isn't going to be right again this season. I'd rather see him get 20 touches than Snell, but it's not a massive difference. The offense is still going to be very limited. The defense could carry them, but any time the turnovers dry up, they are screwed.

5. CD Boogie

If you had told me a month ago that I would lose handily in the fantasy playoffs to a team with Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry, I would have laughed in your face.

6. outofplace

Henry shouldn't surprise anybody, but Tannehill's sudden rise does seem to come out of nowhere.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Taking some big spreads early was crucial last week, like with Lions +14 and Bengals +8.5. So I'm on Jets +15 and Bengals +10 so far and might have to grab that Broncos number.

8. CD Boogie

It's the both of them, though. Do you play fantasy? Starting that duo on a Titans offense that was putrid for so long is really shocking.

9. outofplace

I see your point now. That makes sense. And to answer your question, I haven't played fantasy football for a few years.

10. outofplace

Under review: Bengals question Pats video crew

Spygate 2: Coach Hoodie's Revenge?

The incriminating bit to me is that the Patriots employee asked if they could just delete all the footage and forget the whole thing happened. If that's true, he was willing to just delete all his work without an argument? Doesn't that sound like somebody who knows he did something wrong?

The Patriots have earned every but of suspicion they get on this one and somebody better cry foul if Goodell decides to delete this video as well.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It sounds like the Patriot Way innocent or guilty. Let's just make this go away. Better for everybody. If there is anything at all to this, which I doubt and which I'm sure the league will never accept as fact, Josh McDaniel will get his dream job with the Pats earlier than expected.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Titans are also doing two other interesting things. They're getting defensive and special teams touchdowns, and they're bunching scores together to deliver a quick and brutal knockout punch. This is their last four games:
    • Against the Raiders, they scored two touchdowns in less than 90 seconds at the start of the fourth quarter, the second of which was a fumble return, to go from 28-21 to 42-21.
    • Against the Colts they got a touchdown, a quick interception, and a field goal a 90-second span of the third quarter to tie the game at 17. Then in the fourth quarter they returned a blocked field goal for a TD, got another interception, and scored a touchdown on the next series to go from 17-all to up 31-17 in a span of two minutes.
    • Against the Jags they were up 7-3 at halftime, and scored four touchdowns in 8 minutes -- two of them on long plays -- to go up 35-3 with 6:57 left in the third quarter.
    • The Chiefs game was a dogfight to the end, but they returned a fumble for a TD and blocked a field goal at the end to win.

They're definitely finding some magic, but at the same time showing a killer instinct by pouncing on opponents at exactly the right moment.

justgladtobehere likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted