1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Dec 5, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Captain_Kirk likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Mr. Sanchez . . . zero point zero.

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna and Captain_Kirk like this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If Peyton Manning didn't choose Denver, Elway's tenure as Bronco's GM and president would kinda be an under the radar shitshow, wouldn't it? You've got a great, great defense and one of the greatest quarterbacks who's ever lived can't find one by draft or free agency to even give it a little bit of support.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Roethlisberger is also done. His TD-INT ratio is dog shit. They have the best offensive line in football and he's a replacement level QB. Draft a QB in the first round.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But he knows the system and the Redskins play a style of offense for whichSanchez is comfortable

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I swear we had someone here this year who, in all sincerity, had Carson Wentz as a HOF qb.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jared Goff went into a time machine last night and the 2016 Goff showed up.

Bears pressure was relentless.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Can Dobbs beat the Raiders on their field is a gamble. So is sending a hurt QB out there with NE and NO coming up.

Do I need Ben today more than I will need him in the future?

If Ben gets hurt and misses the next two weeks, Tomlin gets slaughtered for that decision.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, he doesn't. The medical staff cleared Roethlisberger. It was clear going in that the Steelers had to win that game because it is very difficult to count on beating the Patriots or Saints. If he is able to play at all, he should have been playing as soon as the medical staff cleared him.

This also goes back to the idiotic decision to trust Dobbs as the No. 2 quarterback.

10. outofplace

He is still among the top 10 or 12 quarterbacks in the NFL. You got a good look at the offense without him most of the second half yesterday. Did that look good to you?

Regarding the long term, they think Rudolph is going to be the guy eventually. I doubt they will draft a quarterback in the first round next year.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He's reminding me of late-Packers era Favre with some of the throws he's making. Sort of half-assed, ill-advised, maybe figuring he's got some extra zip that he no longer has, and writing it off as "I was just trying to make a play."

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. outofplace

The Bell situation is not on Tomlin, though I'm sure he had input. Perhaps he did want to replace Boswell earlier this season and he was overruled, but I'm not interested in giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Keith Butler should have been fired as defensive coordinator after last season. Tomlin has to take some of the blame for sticking with him this long.

The Steelers' failures this season certainly don't all fall on Tomlin, but he has played a big role in this team underachieving. They are constantly unprepared. The decision to sit Roethlisberger for most of the second half was simply a new low. He put a game the Steelers had to have at risk and lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted