1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Dec 2, 2014.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Was that the game when it was -5?

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, he didn't play Week 17 and then they had the bye and were attending the funeral for the OC's kid a couple days before the game. It's safe to say that team was seriously off that week.

Even when Rodgers is bad, he's not that bad. He was mediocre against the Seahawks, Saints and Lions, but it's not like he went out there and threw three picks.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

He has a 1.6 INT% career. Favre: 3.3.
    Rodgers has 23 picks in his last 1,724 passes thrown.
    It's really not close who the superior player is.

Poindexter- You're thinking of the 2007 NFCCG, I believe.
    The one where Science Guy Jimmy Johnson tried to prove how cold it was by putting a glass of water on the outdoor Fox desk and then being astonished that it froze.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

How about this: Until Favre's first season in Minnesota, he never threw fewer than 13 INTs in a full season. That's Rodgers' career high.

Rodgers seemingly faces much more pressure than Favre ever did, but I admittedly don't know that for sure.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'll preface this by saying I think Rodgers is better than Favre but this is how players like Favre and Jeter start to become underrated.

Favre is a douche of the highest order but he was a great football player for a long time and to compare him to guys like Namath is ridiculous.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Through his first eight years he was on track to be the best ever.

7. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trade him for anyone, but I would like to throw a name out there just for fun. How about JJ Watt?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. joe king

joe king Active Member

QB is by far a more important position at which to be dominant.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's one of those deals where you'd never do it, but you'd think about it, and you'd answer "and what else?"

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Montana for LT?

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That game was about every bad variable for the Packers. 15-1 regular season. On cruise control all December, Philbin's kid is found dead, it's incredibly cold and, not just that, windy.

Green Bay's offense, under Rodgers, actually operates best in a dome. If not in a dome, than at Lambeau against a team from a dome or warm weather. The Packers were playing the damn Giants in cold weather. Awful variables and an awful game.

On a much more pleasing note (to me), thank you Buffalo Bills. OVER -6.5. Mailed it today to Golden Nugget in LV. Pay dat man his money.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'll take Joe.

Draft saved Draft deleted