1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Dec 2, 2014.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If you ran the Packers, is there any one player in the league for which you'd trade Aaron Rodgers?

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think Andrew Luck would be the only one who you would even consider.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, not even close.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If you're the Colts do you even make that trade? Is Rodgers that much better than Luck to make up for the rest of the COlts roster? Roders and the Packers can win it all this year. Rodgers and the Colts? not as much

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It pains me to say this as a Bears fan ... but Rodgers still has quite a few years left at his peak. Barring an injury, Rodgers and the Packers look good for the long haul, and probably are the NFC Super Bowl favorite this year.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, you make it in a heartbeat. He is the best player in the league.

7. RecoveringJournalist

Rodgers is better than Luck now without question. The only reason Luck would be considered is because he's six years younger than Rodgers.

Rodgers is winning the MVP this year (I think JJ Watt would be the only other person who is even close).

I think if you asked NFL GMs to pick one player to build a team around, I'm guessing most would take Rodgers or Luck. Nobody is close to those two since most of the other top QBs are at least closing in on the end of their careers.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He's also six years older than Luck and no quarterback has ever won Super Bowls with different teams. How many have even been to the Super Bowl with two teams? Manning, Warner ... anyone else?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Craig Morton

10. RecoveringJournalist

Well, franchise QBs aren't typically traded while in their prime, so that may factor in a bit.

The Manning and Warner situations were both far from typical.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why that is relevant.

When is the last time a super Bowl QB has changed teams in his prime?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rodgers is six years older, but it's a different age 31. He played two seasons of college (not three or four), then sat for three years. If a body typically runs out around age 37, there's reason to believe he can go to 40. And Manning and Brady are 37 right now and doing fine.

I know we're just talking hypotheticals, but any trade of Rodgers, even for Luck, would be only for planning six or eight years down the road.

Draft saved Draft deleted