1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Dec 6, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Just looking at the wire pictures of this game, one could detect a whiff of fail.

2. Of
    Of course, Gumble thought it looked like an ankle injury.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

What a kraptacular performance that was by both teams last evening.

Like watching a fat lady climb stairs; Painful to watch.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'll say one thing in favor of the NFL Network, there are less commercials. After a punt there's usually a few minutes of commercials, but last night they went straight from a punt to 1st down.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I noticed that too. I had started to check out a few times only to realize the offense was lined up and ready to snap the ball.

Time of the game was 3:17, but it would've been a lot less without the penalties, injuries and other silliness.

6. Board Stiff

Board Stiff Member

TTIUWP

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually I think the game had the same amount of commercial breaks as any other game. In the final minute of a period, because there's a break coming up, they'll go straight from punt to the next series. But I noticed on numerous occasions that dreaded flip after a long drive of score, commercial, kickoff, commercial. Plus they had X amount of injuries and replay challenges that gave them commercial breaks. They got in the same amount of commercials.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Jason LaCanfora of the Washington Post:

Come to think of it, I suppose it has.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Prepare for the frogs falling from the sky: <a href=http://tinyurl.com/2672r9>Brock Berlin will start at QB for the Rams on Sunday.</a>

:eek: :eek: :eek:

10. Grossman out. Berlin in.
    Gator karma comes around.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The difference in Tennessee's defense with a healthy Haynesworth is amazing. If he keeps playing, and the Titans make the playoffs, he'll prove he's one of the NFL's best and most valuable players.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Nick Collins just made a great open field tackle for the Packers to stop the Raiders on fourth and one.

Green Bay ball at midfield.

Draft saved Draft deleted