1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14- The Bird and The Beard Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 2, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It wouldn't have been the same point. Jim Palmer was renowned for his delivery and how hard it was for batters to pick up the ball. I'm guessing that was magnified by his white hand holding a white ball. Just seems like common sense, though it'd be tough to verify.

One of the reasons they outlawed the spitball and other such pitches was because the ball was getting dirty and was hard for guys to pick up.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dallas Cowboys Top Problems 15. Professional 14. Football 13. Is 12. Too 11. Complex 10. To 9. Attribute 8. Failure 7. To 6. An 5. Arbitrary 4. List 3. Of 2. Weaknesses 1. Jason Garrett

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You forgot two:

1. Jerry. 2. Jones.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought Aikman gave probably his most astute analysis of the Cowboys talking about Garrett's fixation with "today" and Jones talking about Super Bowls. I've been in situations where one boss is talking about something pie in the sky and a direct supervisor is dealing with reality - it does impact the working stiffs.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not so much his white hand. It was the white houses in the batter's eye across the street from Memorial Stadium. Particularly on a Sunday afternoon.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Say what you will about the Cowboys
    The Bears are on a three-game winning streak but the schedule doesn’t read Lions, Giants, Lions anymore

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Who the fuck have the Cowboys beaten? The Eagles?

Other wins: Redskins, Dolphins, Giants (x2), Lions.

They suck.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The only decent team the Bears have beaten is the Vikings. They're not good either.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Like I said ...

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Agree. They're two perfectly mediocre teams.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I expect the Cowboys in the fourth quarter to trade Garrett to the Giants for the Ghost of Tom Landry.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Troy and Buck didn't even bother to suit up for this shit. Troy is rocking a crew-neck T-shirt and hoodie, while Buck rolled in with either a crew neck long-sleeved T or maybe a light sweater under his zip-up jacket.

Draft saved Draft deleted