1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14- The Bird and The Beard Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He's got a couple of two-touchdown games, but it's really been the last month when he's broken out. He's got 20 catches for 232 yards and two TDs the last three games, on a total of 30 targets.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He had a big game against the Jets and again tonight, but other than that, he hasn't topped 82 yards. He's gained 62 yards or fewer in eight of his 11 games. I'm not ready to put him in Canton yet, the way Booger seems to be.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Nine Super Bowls. Six titles, including one last year.

An O-line riddled with injuries and a struggling HOF QB on the decline.

Two losses and one half of poor offense at home being the extent of the grace period was surprising.

Please understand that I'm a Jets fan so I'm still writing letters to every member of Canton's induction committee petitioning for Rex Ryan's jacket fitting. That's the most success I've seen since 2001.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree completely. Before November he was just another middling rookie wide receiver on a bad team. Just pointing out that he's been playing pretty well recently and showing signs of being somebody worth keeping an eye on.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

The size seems to keep changing. Watched ESPN yesterday and he didn't seem as fat as he used
    to be (looked more like Chris Christie than his own brother when he was Jets coach) but he's
    definitely gone up a bit after slimming down. Didn't he get that sleeve or lap band?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This might be the worst 8 minutes in pro football history.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I can almost hear my father saying, "The fans are expressing their opinion that the team's performance is of the type not commonly associated with success."

Chef2, HanSenSE and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

Westwood One website suggests you've got to pay for NFL radio. Is that true?

9. tapintoamerica

Eagles, trailing by 14, score a TD to cut the deficit to eight and kicked the extra point. A win for what seems like common sense in an era where analytics curiously tells you to go for two.
    Analytics is more bullish on going for it on fourth down, which I love. Just don't get the going for two thing under that circumstance even though I know the numbers suggest it's the thing to do.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone know if teams require/adminster flu shots to all of their players? I figure football players aren't imune from the various illnesses that have been going around in the last six weeks, yet you don't hear about many players taking a game off from illness like you do in hoops or baseball.

11. tapintoamerica

You never know. Most of the teams are owned by Trumpists. That would suggest they don't believe in that vaccination/science/knowledge stuff.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Does any team regularly assemble a more anonymous group of skill position players than the Eagles?
    I know Wentz, Ertz and Miles Sanders. The rest of these guys, I'm pretty sure they picked up off a street corner.

Draft saved Draft deleted