1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Survivor: Gary Hogeboom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Dec 2, 2008.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Yeah, G-men scored 36 on Philly at the Linc and ran the ball right down the Eagles' throats all night. I expect it to be the same way Sunday.

Not sure everyone loves McNabb again. The people who really follow the Eagles closely, I include myself there, know McNabb is a shell of what he used to be, but still a pretty good NFL QB. Pro Bowler? Not anymore, but still good.

The reason the Eagles are in the situation is one and only: Andy Reid. Guy has done a ton of good things in Philly and brought a franchise back from near death. Still, he is a horrible evaluator of talent and his ship has sailed.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Apparently, the Buccaneers-Panthers game on Monday night has been overlooked. Two 9-3 teams - winner has inside track to No. 2 seed, loser is probably going to run over either West or North champ during opening playoff weekend.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Not by people who follow the NFL instead of one team.

Two teams that likely won't generate ratings because of the style they play. But that style is Football 101. Looking forward to the game, the opposite of last week. I think even LJB will like this one. I'm curious to see if Delhomme's still got the touch because Williams and Stewart will struggle to run against the Bucs.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They are just not exciting teams.

Outside of Steve Smith, could any skill poition player on either team start for Dallas, Jets or the Giants?

5. pallister

pallister Guest

New rule: Steelers fans can't say anything about how other teams aren't exciting. Watching that Steelers offense is like taking 12 Valium.

And the Giants aren't exciting; they're dominant. In the NFL, exciting doesn't necessarily mean good and vice versa.

6. 93Devil

Yes, a WR who could break a linebacker's jaw on any given play and a QB who could just as easily make an awful play or a great play is just sheer boredom.

I cannot see how watching a player who plays so out of his ass (good and bad) like Roethlisberger could be boring.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But the excitement level when the defense is on the field makes up for the drowsy offense.

I'm interested to see what, if anything, the Redskins can do against the Ravens D as well.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Given how the Redskins have been playing, I'm guessing it won't be much better than what the Bengals did against the Ravens last week.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Steelers defense is definitely exciting. Offense, Devil's manlove for Ben aside, not so much.

In that respect, the Steelers aren't much different than the Bucs and Panthers. The top defensive players are just more well-known.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you read his posts, you'll see 93Devil really doesn't love Roethlisberger.

The Steelers are similar to the Panthers and Bucs to a point, but their defense is better.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't hate myself that much.

12. 93Devil

I'm sure if you looked a little bit you could find someone that does.

Draft saved Draft deleted