1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Survivor: Gary Hogeboom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Dec 2, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Simon, does Porter's contract potentially hurt them down the road when he starts to slow down?

2. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

God, I'm a Browns fan, and I think I may root for the Yinzers this weekend in hopes that it hurts the Cowboys' playoff chances.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Less than it would after last season, when I was convinced the team would have to eat 3-4 years of it.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

That's how I feel about Eagles-Redskins games.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Bill Clinton is a fucking Browns fan? You been smoking reefers with Harvey Pekar or something?

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Sorry, I failed reading comprehension 101 in two threads last night.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the predicted weather will hurt Pittsburgh by negating the speed advantage over the Dallas OL.

That said, I'd let Chef amputate my pinkie toe if it guaranteed a win for the Steelers this week.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I will never complain if the Steelers have to play in the snow, and especially against a southern team.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Good Lord, I imagine this thread will reach double digit pages well before Sunday kickoff with all the Steelers/Cowboys bluster talk.

I actually think the Cowboys are going to win the game. Of course, I also thought the Lions were going to beat the Bucs a couple weeks ago.

And speaking of said Lions, how will they lose this week:

a. Fall behind by 3 TDs early
    b. Get ahead by 3 scores and then cough it up.
    c. Accidentally show up at the wrong stadium and miss the game entirely.

With the performance of this year's Lions, Bengals, Chiefs, Rams and Raiders, I really think the NFL needs to explore the relegation concept.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I won't complain because it's football and dealing with bad weather is part of the game, but Inky is right. This is not the stereotypical Steelers football team, which usually had the strong offensive line and power running game to take advantage of a messy field. This team wins with speed on offense and defense. Bad weather favors the Cowboys this Sunday.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Do you think that the Pittsburgh OL is faster than the Dallas pass rushers?

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

A lot will depend on the overall health of DeMarcus Ware. If he's anywhere close to 100 percent it could be a long day for Big Ben.

Draft saved Draft deleted