1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Survivor: Gary Hogeboom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Big game this week for the Steelers fanbois as well as the Cowboys fanbois.

SHould be an interesting week.

Discuss

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'm a fan of neither, but I will say I'm a little surprised the line is only three. I mean, I know the line is about money, not football, and I know Dallas has won three in a row. But those three have been against slumping Washington and horrid San Francisco and Seattle, and the Cowboys have to go into Pittsburgh to face the league's best defense in cold and sloppy conditions with Marion Barber hurting. I'm not good at predicting games, but I can't see Dallas getting within a touchdown, maybe two.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Can I root for all 106 players, every coach and the million-plus fans to collide and create some sort of antimatter vacuum?

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Only if said vacuum takes fans, too.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh's offense isn't good enough to be blowing many teams out.

The key is going to be how the Cowboys protect Romo. Dallas has given up only one sack in the last three games and Pittsburgh leads the league in sacks. If Romo can remain upright, the Cowboys could put up some points.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Funny, I feel the same way about the Giants-Eagles game as well.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Only if Gary Hogeboom gets sucked into it...

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I can't believe it will be Pearl Harbor Day and the Dolphins will have their destiny in their hands regarding playing a home playoff game.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Umm, isn't that game in Toronto?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes, but Cowbell means if the Fish win, they can still win the AFC East and host at least one playoff game.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Everyone in Philly loves McNabb again after the win on Thanksgiving night, but I think the Eagles probably get blown out in East Rutherford and everyone in southeastern Pa. and South Jersey can start looking ahead to the draft. They allowed the Giants how many points at the Linc, 36?

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yes.

If they win out, they host the first weekend of January.

They are so young, it would take a miracle, but still, it is ALL gravy from here on out.

Draft saved Draft deleted