1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's a post-factual world now. Even if Gronk is in traction, there is no evidence he is injury-prone.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not even the ones on my fantasy team?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The local Cowboy fan is actually pretty docile and pliable. If Dallas had Philly's fan base, Jerry Jones would've been tarred and feathered before 2007.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Cowboys fans are the Cubs fans of football.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

6. Giants JPP is done for the year. Sports Hernia.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is that the injury or the source?

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I think our standards are a bit high when two first place teams from the same conference -- one of whom has largely owned the other in the playoffs -- becomes a meh affair with four weeks left in the season. Flacco and Eli -- both guys who are willing to throw deep and take their chances -- always give the Patriots fits. People saying the loss of Gronk doesn't matter must have been watching games with rose-colored glasses.

Only game Balt lost by more than a TD was to Dallas. They only lost to Oak by 1 point. They're a sneaky dangerous team and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they knocked off the Pats, but I would be surprised if the Pats win in a walk and even more surprised if the game's a dud.

9. CD Boogie

He reminds me of Eric Lindros. Guy was such a superior specimen that guys had to basically revert to street tactics to get him off his game or take him down. Of course that led to Lindros taking a shit load of concussions, Bobby Clarke more or less calling him a pussy with no heart, and a lot of what-ifs about a transcendent talent whose career was derailed.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Who is calling Gronk a pussy? No heart?

I have NEVER heard that said about Gronk.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The best comparison for Gronk is Earl Campbell. The thrilling way each played/plays is a cinch guarantee of multiple injuries and a wrecked body in middle age.

HanSenSE and LongTimeListener like this.
  12. CD Boogie

No one. I'm saying that's what contributed to Lindros' downfall, the barbs from his own GM to get his ass on the ice.

Draft saved Draft deleted