1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Ryan Fitzpatrick, the $59 million albatross

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Nobody ever drew that comparison.

I think Flutie is more apt. But go ahead and ride the neckbeard. That also never at any point got stale.

Whatever gets you guys through the workday.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You know what, if Tebow never turns out to be a "franchise quarterback" this has still been a fun ride.

He's taken a team that was dead in the water from last place to first place. He's gotten an entire city excited, and has networks fighting to broadcast his games.

I'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

3. Herbert Anchovy

I have said all along he's a money maker. No one doubts he's a phenomenon. Every paper ought to be running Tebow stories out the rectum.

But the Chia Pet makes money, too.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Totally agree, and it isn't just an entire city, it's most of a football-watching nation. But you should have said "an entire city except for one person excited." And to reiterate, seeing John Elway standing there on the sideline, that big drunk gritting through his teeth and thinking "Goddammit we fucking won again, shit!" is one of the best parts of all this.

Herbert Anchovy making a strong at second, though.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Mr. Herbert to you.

6. LongTimeListener

Broncos/Patriots Week 15 CBS/NBC slapfight, which was supposed to end "Wednesday morning" according to NFL suspension of a decision that was supposed to be made Tuesday, still hasn't been resolved by Wednesday afternoon. High drama on Park Avenue.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The Tebows could easily go 3-1 the rest of the season. Beat the Caleb-go Bears at home, lose to New England at home, beat Buffalo on the road, and finish with Tyler Fucking Palko at the Chiefs. New England will be interesting because you'd think if any coach could come up with a plan to Tebow-proof his team, it's Belichick.

8. LongTimeListener

That's the Turnover Madness game I have been expecting, but I've ended up watching the Patriots a lot this year, and they just do not have the horses to do what Belichick wants them to do on D. They are particularly thin on the line, and that's the kind of thing the Tebows eat up in the fourth quarter.

Of course the challenge will be not falling behind by 14.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

link or GTFO.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I am getting a kick out of the thread title, because when the Bills were riding high I had a conversation with someone (I couldn't find it) where I said that the Bills were going to crash and by week X (I don't remember which) we would be talking about the Ryan Fitzpatrick contract. Someone disagreed.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Other interesting Denver stats:

-- Broncos are third in average kick return and average punt return. In each case, they're averaging more than five yards per return than their opponents.

-- Broncos are tied for second (with the Colts!) for defensive touchdowns, with four.

-- Broncos lead the league with 4.8 yards per rush, 0.7 higher than they give up

-- Tebow is only averaging 6.7 yards per attempt, but he's averaging 14.1 yards per completion -- which would lead the league if he had enough attempts to be eligible

Right quarterback, right team, right coaches, right time. Is he a future star? A franchise QB? Who the hell knows? But it works now, and the NFL is all about now.

Draft saved Draft deleted