1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Ryan Fitzpatrick, the $59 million albatross

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Houston Texans are set to sign a 40-something back-up quarterback ... wait for it ... Jeff Garcia.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/33733368

Biggest games this week:

Houston (9-3) at Cincinnati (7-5): Texans try to keep winning without at QB, while Bengals try to stay in contention.

New Orleans (9-3) at Tennessee (7-5): Saints trying to catch the 49ers for the No. 2 seed, while the Titans currently in a four-way tie for the final wild-card spot.

Oakland (7-5) at Green Bay (12-0): Raiders try to end the Packers' perfect season, and also keep up with the magic Tebows.

Chicago (7-5) at Denver (7-5): Two teams with no quarterback try to stay in the playoff race (yeah, I went there).

N.Y. Giants (6-6) at Dallas (7-5): First of two meetings between the NFC East contenders in the final four weeks.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Which will be higher, points by the Bears' offense or Caleb Hanie interceptions? It was a push last week.

It'll be very interesting to see if Urlacher spies Tebow much as he's done in the past with Vick and part of a game plan that has been highly successful against mobile quarterbacks. The Bears have beaten Vick and Newton already this year. Of course, it helped that both those teams suck at stopping the run.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Feeling a Cardinals upset of 49ers this week. SF had a Gatorade celebration of division title last weekend and could be ready for a letdown, running game is stalled, and Patrick Willis is likely to be out. Arizona playing surprisingly well of late and would be in real contention with one more win and some losses from the Chi/Det/Atl group.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

To. E fair to Hanie, he did not get a lot of help. He's been on the roster all year- no sense trying to sign somebody now and have them try to Learn the Martz offense.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No, there isn't any sense in that. But Hanie sucks. The reason Cutler came into his own this year is because he got the offense down pat in terms of escaping pressure and making plays. Hanie, despite his athleticism, can't get out of his fucking way in the pocket. If he doesn't learn to get rid of the ball, it doesn't matter who's running routes.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I'm glad someone else brought this up first, so I look less of a fangirl by just quoting it.

I liked what I saw Sunday and I think they will be just fine with Yates.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No doubt Yates will benefit from the tremendously helpful and supportive "mentoring" of Garcia.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I hope that Garcia is not allowed to get anywhere near enough to Yates to speak to him. Same goes for Delhomme.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What the fuck would any team anywhere want Jeff Garcia around for?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know, but he is one of the great whore-mongers in the NFL, so the strippers in that thriving sector of Houston's economy are going to get a nice Christmas bonus in their G-strings.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well, I am not sure they really do want him around. But I am not sure there was a lot of choice. And I suppose I missed the blue font. :)

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Sounds like a plan to me. Keep him out of the locker room and away from the facility. I don't have a problem with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted