1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Jim Harbaugh's first number

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think the Colts are being ignored, but I do think they have been overshadowed by RG3 and the Redskins... To be fair, that's also been a great story this season.

Either way, I'm very excited about watching Luck and RG3 for the next decade... :D

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fair's fair, but Schiano would like a word.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Per the thread title, I know it was Dan Fouts' number and YA Tittle's too - but I've never liked that number for a qb. For as many qbs who have worn it, none have won a Super Bowl.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

I don't know, this guy did OK in title games:

[​IMG]

The NFL was around before 1967, you know.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm more concerned about the loss of Taylor than most seem to be. He struggled early in the season, but he had been outstanding of late. Cortez Allen made some nice plays, but he also took a huge pass interference penalty to set up one score and was beaten for a touchdown.

You do raise a good point about Polamalu. The Ravens hit a big pass play to the tight end right in an area Polamalu had just vacated to rush Flacco, which makes me wonder if that was confusion caused by going back and forth between the way they play with him and the way they play without.

One correction. Beachum did not play in place of Colon, who was moved full time from right tackle to left guard in preseason. Beachum played at right tackle because the Steelers lost Gilbert and Adams there. It sounds like they were happy enough with him not to move one of their guards (Foster can play tackle as well) to take his place.

If Colon is ready to go this week as expected, he returns to left guard with Pouncey moving back from guard to center and Legursky to the bench. I'm also curious to see if/when they start mixing in DeCastro now that he's back.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21274642/unpopular-newton-received-rough-treatment-from-other-players-during-pro-bowl

Looks like Cam didn't make a lot of friends at the Pro Bowl last year. Shocking, I know.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The graphic with that was awful.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Totally agree. As much as I like Pagano, it's just really hard to come back from something like that and make a meaningful contribution in the flow of a season.

The Colts have something good going and I would just let Pagano make sort of a ceremonial/inspirational appearance and let Arians continue to handle the bulk of the coaching duties.

A decision how to proceed can be made in the offseason. This is no disrespect to Pagano.

As for coach of the year, not sure how the rules work. Can someone win it if they don't have the official title of head coach? Quite unusual that two teams have gone through that this season (Saints), yet we have not yet had a coach be fired.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Brad Johnson did with Tampa Bay in 2003.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That must be why he decided against the return trip.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Lots of racists on the AFC Pro Bowl squad.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought he wore 16 in TB. My mistake.

Draft saved Draft deleted