1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13: Time to wallow in the Mirer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 26, 2012.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oh, spare me. This matchup is dog meat, and everyone knows it. The trials and tribulations of the Cowboys are old news, the Eagles are just playing out the string and Reed's just keeping the seat warm for the next guy and even he knows that. You've got the ability to change things via the flex scheduling, yet they choose not to just for ratings? Sorry, Faith Hill, this isn't the NFL's "ultimate show." Not this week.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The nerve of those fuckers, trying to make money and shit.

3. HanSenSE

Yeah, because the NFL is really taking it in the shorts with this TV deal and couldn't possibly survive without exposure in the East Coast.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

NBC's job is to make money. I'm sorry you can't get past being a hurt fanboy to see this.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The money for this game was made long ago. The question now is whether the assumption people will always watch Dallas is true.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not true, it's the money going forward with advertisers. Better ratings, higher ad buys next year.

7. Michael_ Gee

Sunday Night Football is the highest rated prime time program week in week out. That won't change if they show the Cowboys or the Chiefs Sunday night. Again, does Dallas draw an ADDITIONAL audience? is the real question. And I'm not sure the answer is yes. It's not 1996, let alone 1976 anymore. The Raiders used to be a big attraction, too.

8. HanSenSE

Yes, I know NBC is making plenty of money off the series, no matter who they present. It's not like baseball, where the Yankees, Red Sox or Dodgers may be needed to carry a national series. NBC will still get ratings ... but why not take advantage of the opportunity to display a better game, instead of catering to the whims of some executive who can't see beyond the Hudson?

9. LongTimeListener

What's your better game?

10. Michael_ Gee

That's a valid question this week.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Who's the Offensive Rookie of the Year so far?

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/43578/who-is-the-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

Who would you pick?

12. LongTimeListener

I would say RG3. I don't think I'd even put Luck second -- I know I was all aboard the Luck MVP candidacy a couple weeks ago, but they have oddly enough been winning some games with their defense and he hasn't been all that tremendous lately.

Would actually put Doug Martin ahead of Luck and with a chance to catch RG3.

Draft saved Draft deleted