1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Is that a direct or inverse analogy?

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Man, Kaepernick sucks.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I think only Kurt Cobain, James Dean and Jimi Hendrix has worse fourth years than Colin Kaepernick.

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

As soon as the game ended Thursday night, the Niners CEO sent out an apology on Twitter for the team's "unacceptable" performance.

I'm sure that won't ramp up any bad feelings and eagerness for a split between Harbaugh and the front office ...

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head with the word "embarrassment." I realize the NFL has become a virtual arena football league, but the Bears only attempted to run the ball eight times. For 13 yards.

If that's how the team is going to use Matt Forte, they should trade him for, oh, a seventh-round draft pick or something. It would beneficial for both the Bears and Forte.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A reporter later tweeted that York and the GM were waiting in the training room while Harbaugh did his press conference (they normally don't) and the team prez was in the room watching the press conference (he never does).

There's some shit going on behind the scenes there for sure. And after Harbaugh this week pronounced Kaepernick "great with a capital G."

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Harbaugh and Rex Ryan to Chicago next year. It could happen, right?

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Harbaugh getting on a plane after the debacle and signing a contract Sunday morning once the Wolverines screw the pooch Saturday in Columbus?

9. BurnsWhenIPee

Every week that goes by, the possibility of a nuclear ending to this Harbaugh/Niners marriage gets more and more likely.

It'd be a shame if he limped out so quickly and went to Ann Arbor.

I've never seen that, where a team owner/CEO sends out a Tweet like that, pretty much as the final gun sounded, adding fuel to the fire. And of course, Paul Allen sent out a Tweet thanking the Seahawks players and coaches for doing such a great job.

10. LongTimeListener

I think it's about Greg Roman, the OC. He is the lightning rod right now. They're stuck with Kaepernick, but they sure call some dumb plays for his and the team's skill set.

11. BurnsWhenIPee

Baalke's daughter checked in on Twitter. Man is this going to be a fun one ...

Cass. ‏@Baalkecassie

Greg Roman can take a hike..the 49ers don't want you no more

12. LongTimeListener

Richard Sherman just loves it.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/11/27/seahawks-richard-sherman-intercepts-49ers-colin-kaepernick-twice-shushes-sf-crowd-calls-fans-mediocre/#28788103=0&28790101=0

As Sherman left the field, carrying a roasted turkey over his head, a 49ers fan threw a bottle at him, he reportedly said at his postgame press conference. Asked whether there was anything mediocre about the game, Sherman — dressed in a suit and a bow tie — reportedly answered, “Their fans.”

And:

“There was a guy, there was an opponent who said he was throwing to the open man,” Sherman said. “I was the open man.”

Draft saved Draft deleted