1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13 Thread: Stevie Johnson won't forgive G-d for being a Steelers fan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yuck.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yep, ugly game at Mile High. All Denver in that one. And I'm not saying the game will be a blowout. I said if Haley gets the chance, will he run it up?

Denver's in the tank with the Spygate crap and this game is at Arrowhead. I'd be surprised if Kansas City didn't cruise to a win.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

C'mon, that's just a coincidence. :D

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the sarcasm. However, the NFL couldn't do anything more to Johnson and Finnegan, because then they would have drawn a distinction between that and Richard Seymour when both were considered fights just the same.

And then Steelers fans like myself would've shut down message boards worldwide with conspiracy theories.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Johnny-come-lately humps.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't think the NFL accounted for fights to happen, exposing just how outrageous the amounts have been the past month or two. But because fights are included in the collective bargaining agreement and helmet-to-helmet hits aren't, Goodell's been doing what he wishes there.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They should take away all their pads and make them wear leather helmets if they're going to wear those unis.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for fantasy football, nobody would know who he is.

He is a great player, but calling him a star might be pushing it.

9. 93Devil

Eli or Peyton?

You are right. Fantasy sports greatly increased name recognition for football players among marginal fans.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This is the dumbest thing you've said since, well, the last thing you said. Andre Johnson is generally considered the most talented receiver in the NFL. By fans, coaches and the media.

11. 93Devil

But stars are people that most people know.

Brad Pitt is a star but Mandy Patankin is a great actor. Clinton Portis is still a star in DC, but he is far from a great player.

A star does not always equal a great player.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Phil Mickelson can't win the big one.

Draft saved Draft deleted