1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13- The Crossed Giblets Of Death Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, Fassel some habits and foibles that were problems.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's A Shame About Ray.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Baron-
    Handley was put in a bad position, in fairness to him.
    Parcells pulled his usual horsecrap and didn't resign until May of that year, which handcuffed the front office.
    So Handley was making his head coaching debut for an old, veteran team little more than three months after he got the job. That's fucked.

But what made him so bad was just the nonstop turbulence. He feuded with the media on a weekly basis, alienated players. A tough team became soft-serve ice cream overnight.
    Wrong guy for the wrong team at the wrong time.
    Then there was the infamous Handley polo, which screamed 1991 in a way few things ever have.

[​IMG]

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Props to the music people at NBC.
    Go to break with The Cranberries.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Falcons get THREE onside kicks in a row. But the Falcons were idiots for going for two when they didn't have to and need a two-point conversion just to tie it.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I have never seen ineptitude on a football field like the Saints on those onside kicks. It was like they'd never seen one before and didn't know they were supposed to get the ball.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I forgot about Parcells’ exit.

That shirt is going to give me nightmares.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don’t recall what they were. I do remember seeing some teams hiring some retreads and wondering why Fassel was never considered because he did have that one NFC title on his resume.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Garrett is toast. He didn’t have his team ready to play today. His team tuned him out. He’ll be walking the Blue Mile.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They did the exact same thing against the Bears earlier this year. They were up big, and then allowed the Bears to recover two onside kicks to make it a lot closer than it needed to be.
    In fact, I think there have been four successful onside kicks in the NFL this season -- all of them against the Saints.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Many rumors of partying and womanizing, but those things alone would be disqualifying for more than a couple of HCs. It is likely a Ted Nolan situation in which is wasn't just what he was doing but who he was doing it with.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'd not heard that before.

Draft saved Draft deleted