1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13 ... LACES OUT, DAN!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dickens Cider, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Since 1934. My best NFL-watching memories came via Barry Sanders, tearing teams apart while my parents prepared the turkey and everything else. I loved watching those Lions teams.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . especially since the defense doesn't give a shit, which facilitates the Bronco offense getting the ball back with optimum efficiency . . .

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Schedule is set up for it, too:

at Pittsburgh, 12/7
    Giants, 12/14
    Baltimore, 12/20
    at Philadelphia, 12/28

A Ravens victory (not a huge stretch) could put the Cowboys out of the playoff picture before the final game.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Keep losing Dallas. You'll give the Lions a higher draft pick to screw up.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Brady Quinn out for the rest of the season, so says FoxSports.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Just saw that, too. Wasn't he convinced he'd be able to play next week?

8. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Earlier today, I thought to myself, "Would it be better for the Browns to have Quinn sit so he doesn't have to worry about his finger, or should he get the experience."

I guess if you look at it from a Browns fan's perspective. You don't care if they win the rest of the year with the exception of maybe the final game. Edwards and Winslow have dropped a good portion of the balls thrown to them, and Phil Savage is telling fans to fuck off. I will be glad to see Derek Anderson ride out the year, either fulfill his legacy as a Kyle Boller-type suckass quarterback, or up his trade value. It's a win-win when it comes to Horse Balls.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now, now.

Derek Anderson has displayed competence at the NFL level. He's no Kyle Boller.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Earlier today I thought to myself, fuck this team.

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Thursday will be the one year anniversary of Sean Taylor's passing. WaPo says he'll be inducted into the Ring of Fame prior to Sunday's game.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Classy move. And I'm rarely impressed with AP NFL features, but Fendrich and White had a good piece on the Taylor anniversary today. It was a slow news day in my neck of the woods, some 900 miles from DC, so it made our cover.

In related news, ESPN the Mag had an interesting piece on NFL players and the measures they take to keep safe in today's crazy world.

Draft saved Draft deleted