1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13: Ken Riley for the Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 29, 2011.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Marvin Lewis is another guy where I can't figure out how he's still a coach. This season probably bought him at least three more, but he seems to throw a winning season in the middle of four farts and keep his job.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is part of it, but the real reason is the Bengals don't want to spend any money and it has always been cheaper to just keep him.

3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Since the Vikings are in the midst of a stadium debate today and the Jaguars have been sold, are there any cities besides LA that could woo an NFL team? Zygi Wilf can't be happy that the Jax news has come out today — unless Mort is correct that the Jags aren't going anywhere.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Any Jaguars fan who shows up this weekend against San Diego will be entered into a lottery to be "Coach for a Day."

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I don't think the day has ever come where the Bengals were willing to pay a guy not to coach. I think this is the last year of Lewis' contract, so he'll probably get an extension and they'll have 4-5 more years of him.

To be fair, I think that team has a promising future. Dalton is the real deal.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They definitely have some pieces to build around, but Lewis should have been gone long ago. The Bengals have had their moment with him, but the lows have come too often.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Every time I think of Del Rio in Jacksonville, the Twilight Zone music pops into my head.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

And in the rearranging-the-deck-chairs-on-the-Titanic-department, the Colts fire DC Larry Coyer and name Dan Orlovsky as the QB at the Patriots. The current TWENTY-TWO-point line should be doubled.

By the way, click to the second pic to see Coyer channeling Popeye with his tiny pipe. I guess he never ate his spin-itchk. Ah ga ga ga ga ga ga ga.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111129/SPORTS03/111129012/Colts-fire-defensive-coordinator-Larry-Coyer?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

9. Mizzougrad96

Suh got a two-game suspension... If he appeals, they'll make a ruling before the Saints game. If he's smart, he won't.

10. derwood

derwood Active Member

Weaver has sold Jaguars pending NFL's approval. New owner will keep the team in Jacksonville.

11. Mizzougrad96

And by "keep the team in Jacksonville" we mean, beg Goodell to let them move to LA. :D

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Hondo potential inner conflict over rooting for a team owned by a Pakistani man just gave BYH a four-hour erection, and no, he will not call a doctor, thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted