1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL week 13 and a half: Ravens vs. Packers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Packers have actually looked pretty good the last couple weeks. Granted, he's playing behind probably the worst offensive line in the league, but he hasn't gotten killed the last few weeks like he did the first few weeks of the season. I think the Packers win, probably pretty easily.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Broken femur for E.J. Henderson.

The video for anyone intrepid enough to watch the play again.
    http://www.twitvid.com/7256C

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

The doctors and nurses need to watch that closely. I still remember vividly watching a DL for Mississippi State named Rodney Stowers get carted off the field with a broken femur in a Thursday TV game against Florida, and a few days later he died after a fatty embolism (sp?) from the break got to his heart undetected.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Good point.

The pain with this injury is said to be unbearably intense. It's the thickest bone on the skeleton.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

More fun with injuries for the Steelers. Hines Ward is questionable with a pulled hamstring. I can't imagine he will end up playing with the short week. The Steelers play the Browns Thursday night. That means Limas Sweed moves up to No. 3 and they may have to sign somebody off the street to be a fourth receiver.

That should be fun for the anti-Steelers crowd, watching their playoff chances completely extinguished by the Browns on national TV.

6. Herbert Anchovy

I'd bet my two front teeth they kick the tar out of Cleveland.

And I'd rather see Pittsburgh in the playoffs than Chad Ochopussy or Ray Lewis.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Ben thinks he could. :D

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

All true, but it's also among the easiest to fix (at least from watching my idiot motorcycle loving friends who've broken it). They insert a rod down the middle and they're back on their feet in about 4 weeks. Not full speed, mind you, but up and walking.

9. Herbert Anchovy

I knew a guy in high school who broke his, also in a motorcycle accident. He was all torn up. Broke more bones, too.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ouch. You can do major, major damage to yourself really easily at 60+ mph. I've come to hate the things.

11. outofplace

If they had it in them to kick the tar out of anybody, they would have done so against the Chiefs and/or Raiders.

12. outofplace

Ha. I can imagine he might say a word or two about injuries within the confines of the locker room this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted