1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL week 13 and a half: Ravens vs. Packers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Dec 7, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We still have what seems like another good matchup remaining in Week 13 with Baltimore at Green Bay tonight.

I have only seen parts of a few games with the Packers this year, but this seems like a terrible matchup for the Ravens. Baltimore struggles to stop the pass and Arron Rodgers should be able to take advantage. The Ravens were falling apart before the victory over the Steelers last week, but given the way Pittsburgh is falling apart that doesn't look so impressive right now.

What do y'all think?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Packers could be smelling blood after watching Minny last night.

I think the Pack walks away with this one.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Not convinced of Rodgers' ability to stay upright.

4. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Aaron Rodgers should be able to take advantage of the Ravens weak secondary. But the Ravens can get after the quarterback and the Packers do not protect Rodgers very well. If Green Bay can handle the Ravens pass rush, I think they will win by a couple of touchdowns.

5. outofplace

I wonder about that, too, but this is not the Ravens of old. Suggs is not playing and they are not quite as dominant up front as they used to be. I know the Packers have struggled to protect Rodgers, but how much of that damage came in two games against the Vikings and one against the Cowboys, both teams that rush the passer better than the Ravens?

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Got destroyed by the pass rush against the Bengals, IIRC.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Baby Suggs has more to worry about lately. He was served a restraining order the other day.

http://wbal.com/apps/news/templates/story.aspx?articleid=41147&zoneid=2

8. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

This isn't the Ravens defense of old, but the one thing they still do well is rush the passer. They are physical up front, which could cause problems for Green Bay. The Packers O-Line is just not very good, especially against good defensive fronts.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am also not convinced Flacco will do well on the road in front of a rabid crowd.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Raiders, all too familiar with the depths of hell, say they were motivated by Tomlin's hollow comments.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09341/1018976-66.stm

11. outofplace

Which explains why they played even worse than the Steelers did for three quarters. ::)

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As many times as Rodgers has gone down this season (44), he still has thrown just four interceptions in 380 attempts. I don't figure the Ravens will be able to slow him down all that much.

Draft saved Draft deleted