1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 Thread: Tom Brady is a turkey who needs a haircut!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 23, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

To clarify: Tom Brady is on the very short list of best QBs to ever play the game. I'd want him running the drive to determine the future of humanity. But he still acts like a diva on the field and needs a haircut.

Maybe this can be a nicer thread than the last, yes? [/passive-aggressive behavior even OOP would admire]

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was just thinking. The annual Thanksgiving Day game has become a nightmare for the Lions, I mean, worse than the nightmare that's been their reality for as long as anyone can remember. They NEVER get a dog opponent with whom they'd be evenly matched in the game, because the networks wouldn't stand for it. Especially every other year when they get an AFC opponent. No Bills or Texans for them. It's the Pats or the Colts or the Steelers. Playing New England on three days of prep time is no way to entertain the home fans.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The turkey game should go to the defending Super Bowl champion for one game and the loser for the other game.

So the NFL could get Manning at 1 p.m. and Brees at 4 p.m.

I could care less who plays in the late game.

4. That's actually a hell of an idea, but I still like the idea of traditional teams in that game. Looking at it from an NFL perspective, people are watching those games no matter who is in them. Why not try and sell them as maintaining tradition?

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's why they have Joey Harrington playing the piano at halftime.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Then have Detriot host a team for the third game.

7. I'm not arguing Detroit is a bad game to watch over the past decade, but like I said . . . fans are watching all three games no matter what. If you bump detroit to the 8 p.m. start, from it's normal 1 p.m. start time, you are bucking tradition. Detroit at 1, Dallas at 4. Right or wrong, at least the NFL can sell it as maintaining tradition. Bumping them to 8 p.m. may be only shuffling the cards around in the deck, but it still feels like they are burying the Lions at that point. Would I like to see a better game? sure. But this year isn;t necessarily one to have this argument . . . the Lions are more entertaining this season than they have been in the past 10 combined.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The home Thanksgiving day game is a nice edge for the Lions and Cowboys every year (even if they don't take advantage of it). Having a team have to travel for a Thursday morning/afternoon start after playing on Sunday cuts into their prep time.

Who will have a worse day on Thursday---turkeys around the country or the Bungles?

And perhaps an NFC championship preview on Sunday with the Packers/Falcons?

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

In honor of week 12 and the Packer win over the Vikings:

Jim Del Gaizo
    [​IMG]

John Hadl
    [​IMG]

Some guy throwing the ball
    [​IMG]

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not to be mean to the Lions, but I'd be surprised if Belichick didn't just use the John Wooden preparation method for this game. That is, let's just do what we do in practice and to hell with scouting or game planning for them, because if we execute well, we win.
    Actually, Belichick once talked about how they deal with this. Several assistants, lowly ones, are delegated to breaking down Lions film and coming up with a preliminary plan during the previous week when everyone else is focused on their Sunday opponent.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Why are you posting Favre pics? That's my thing!

Oh, the future Viking!

Rodgers will have more tread left on the tires by the time he gets to Minnesota than Favre did.

Skol, Vikings!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted