1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 Thread: Bradshaw's number isn't retired, but you can't have it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Moving back to 2019, while of course there are many many teams with more than one blocked punt in a season, I wonder if any team has had blocked punts either scoring or responsible for the winning touchdowns in two games in a season as have the Pats, and also have those be the only touchdowns they scored in said games?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. poindexter

I was ready to agree with you, but the SNF guy last night went against the refs.
    And the MNF guy, who sounded like a total stoolie on air last week, actually said the refs were wrong on Scott Van Peltcenter last night regarding the tripping calls.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

So, if we are going back in time, why not include Don Hutson? A lot of great years, but will toss out 1942 when he led (and set new records) with 74-1211-17, while also going 33 for 34 on extra points (tops in the league) and also while intercepting seven passes (second in the league). And in the off season, Bud Grant cleaned his gutters.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Speaking of lists, I noticed last night they were running promos for the Top 100 Players specials and I get that they listed OJ as one of the top 10 RBs, but then the promo bumpers were of players from all positions and all eras...and the Juice was prominently featured. That's a mistake in my mind...there's no reason whatsoever that the NFL should be featuring that killer in anything outside of a voted-on-by-xx list.

6. poindexter

Which organization should be more worried about their QB investment:
    The Eagles and Wentz?
    The Rams and Goff?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'd say both, but Wentz has a few more excuses than Goff does. His wideouts and lead running back are all injured. Goff's are healthy, and better than their Eagle equivalents to boot.

8. poindexter

I saw a pass from Wentz yesterday that looked like Steve Sax throwing to second base.

The Eagles receivers are an infirmary, but the Rams' Cooks has been out for weeks with a concussion, and is one helmet hit away from retirement. Robert Woods was a literal no show last sunday, and I don't know what his status is for tonight.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

And no Frank Gore...

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Those tripping calls were beyond horrible; that's a ref looking at a result instead of seeing the actual infraction. In 2019 we should be beyond that simplistic thinking, especially for something so advanced as the NFL should be. I happened to see my old buddy who has been a professional ref for 40 years and his mantra was always "don't anticipate, make sure you see the foul".

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I told a softball umpire once that I can understand you not seeing something that happened, but I don't understand how you could see something that didn't happen. He thought that over for a second and didn't kick me out of the game.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lucky it wasn’t @Chef2 umping.

Draft saved Draft deleted