1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned the Jacksonville Jaguars are the only team not to have played on Thanksgiving.

However, while the Lions have been scheduled for a home game on Thankgiving every season since the 1930s, they fail to show up most years.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Should be on the Jim Nantz thread, but the guy deserves a pay raise just for two reasons today:

1. He's spending Thanksgiving Day in Detroit.
    2. Unlike most Detroiters, he's actually having to pay attention to the Lions game.

misterbc likes this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Before the new NFL TV contract allowed for "cross-flexing," you knew the Lions' Thanksgiving game in an even numbered year would be against an AFC South or AFC East team, because they had to be on CBS and the four-year schedule rotation ensured those were the divisions that they played in those years, and you knew that two of those four AFC games would be on the road.

maumann likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Keep whacking away at that straw man. I haven't even seen that one on the message board for Steelers fans where I post. To be fair, there are plenty who are saying the league is out to screw the Steelers, something I never wrote. I said all along yesterday that the league had to move the game, but I understood the players being pissed. I just thought they should have made it Friday or Saturday first, then only moved back more if the positive tests kept coming.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The second half alcohol has been poured

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hopefully, they can get this contained. First and foremost, nobody wants to see more people getting COVID. Also, as the positive tests keep coming, that would put even playing Sunday in doubt.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Was that actually a called play? That looked like they made it up on the spot.

8. Jake from State Farm

Just go ahead and fire Quinntricia now

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If one actually knew all that, one might need to get a life. ;)

UPChip likes this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Lions owner Sheila Ford Hamp enjoying her Thanksgiving

25F2B1FD-4172-4CC1-B096-BFBFF157E50B.jpeg

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Ted Lasso

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s Nov. 26th, and if the Redskins win, they are in first place in their division.

Draft saved Draft deleted