1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was just about to post that. It just an awkward step as he beat a block. That is two killer injuries for that defense. More importantly, I hate that for Dupree. He was playing on the franchise tag and was well on his way to earning a huge contract.

The pass is the only thing that can really be special on that defense. It was also the reason I thought they might have a shot to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs if the teams met. Without Dupree, that defense is average at best. That is just a brutal end to a fucked up "week" for the Steelers.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

To quote the late Casey Kasem, you are ponderous, man. Fucking ponderous.

UPChip and JC like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

With 2 teaspoons of pontificating.

4. outofplace

Your opinion is duly noted and given the lack of consideration it deserves.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, that was a largely noncompetitive five-point game. But very typical NFL. Think about it, in a four-day span two completely COVID-shattered teams played and lost -- but Vegas didn't lose both.

6. outofplace

I will say that after watching the game, I was absolutely wrong in dismissing the complaint by the Ravens' players about having to play without practicing. The Ravens had quite a few non-contact injuries today. The Steelers had a very odd lead-up to the game in terms of preparation and had a major non-contact injury.

To be clear, I do realize it is a big stretch to include the Dupree injury in that. I'm not sure it is a stretch at all to say the way this situation was handled might have led to some of Baltimore's injuries today.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So, did the ball get to the first down marker?
    I don’t know. It’s close as fuck.
    Which of these sons of bitches kept us in Pittsburgh all week?
    The defense.
    First Down.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Collinsworth quipping that he feels like he just bought a condo in Pittsburgh was better than the game.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Just saw this great line from Jay Busbee of Yahoo Sports:

"Proving yet again that they are the best team in the NFL as long as no one's watching, the Falcons decimated the Raiders..."

Draft saved Draft deleted