1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not buying that for a second. They have something a guy like you cannot tolerate.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The superfan looks pretty damned silly in a COVID-era world.

3. outofplace

I'm sorry if this is all too complex for you to keep up. The Ravens threatened to refuse to play last night to buy themselves time to get more players back. That allowed them to get Dobbins and Ingram for today, which should not have been allowed. The league postponed the game from Tuesday to today for competitive reasons, not health ones. The last positive test for either team had been on Saturday. That decision is inconsistent with other decisions made by the league this season, including the way they screwed the Broncos Sunday.

After that decision was made, the Ravens had two more positive tests yesterday, which is a sign that the outbreak really isn't over after all. Then the Steelers had a positive test today. So the league postponed the game when there were no new positive tests on Sunday, but then decided it was okay to play today even though each team has had a positive test within the last 24 hours. Both players who tested positive participated in workouts with their respective teams. That decision is inconsistent with the league's previous actions regarding today's game.

Again, I apologize if this is too much for you. I'm aware that you are quite limited.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

I hate both of the teams. And most of the others, too.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

What if I told you Dobbins and Ingram were not playing today?

Oh wait, I did.

but one more time for the literacy impaired.
    Ravens' Dobbins, Ingram not active vs. Steelers

JC likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I apparently can't read very well. One losing season since 2000 then. Still impressive.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dumb, bitter Browns fan.

Junkie likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

all i want is a pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me
    all i wanted was a pepsi just one pepsi
    and she wouldn't give it to me just a pepsi

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I'm 51. I will probably never live through them firing a coach, and I've watched three coaches.
    They finished last in the division once. One time in my lifetime.
    Only nine times have they had a losing record in the last 50 years.

They, honestly, have never been bad for an extended stretch of more than two years.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

OOP is into self-ownage, he sort of ought to be a Browns fan. I can't think of a better match.

2muchcoffeeman and JC like this.
  11. outofplace

I missed that. Thank you. That still doesn't make the league decision today sensible.

12. outofplace

You read just fine. That's an easy one to miss. I thought it didn't sound right, so I looked it up.

Draft saved Draft deleted