1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Strangely, Ohioans direct the same level of schadenfreude toward that team up north, yet smash them every year.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You can prove every bit as much awful stuff about Brown as you can about any Steeler. I'm glad you are aware of that.

I didn't mean to catch you in the crossfire there. That post was specifically about TSP. I did not mean that to be about all Browns fans, just him. He is that bitter. The bit about the franchise being that pathetic was a bit over the top, but his post was quite shitty. I would never respond to any player going on the COVID list with laughter. Given the timing and that no one else went on the list, it is likely that Pouncey tested positive today, not that he was a close contact. Nobody should enjoy seeing another human being get COVID, especially not over a football game.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think they just had a time change but same day

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Steelers have had only one losing season since 1992 -- 6-10 in 1999. Didn't realize they were on that long of a run.

5. outofplace

Strangely, you responded to news of another human being testing positive for COVID with laughter.

6. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Is there anything other than a bitter Browns fan? Right now is proof positive. Maybe it's Covid. Maybe it's Trump. But people here should be doing cartwheels down the street over an 8-3 team. One half-baked NBA title led by a traitor-turned-joiner has everyone all jaded.

I would like the Browns to be good because I have a little boy entering the age of when I started to watch that stuff, and it would be pretty cool if he had a good team to follow, like I did when I was a kid, and even better a quarterback who was halfway decent. But everyone here expects every player to be the LeBron of their sport. Nothing is good enough. So you get bitter.

7. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Hence why they are so annoying. They are so infected with little-brother syndrome, they can neither spot nor enjoy their dominance.

8. outofplace

They were also 6-10 in 2003. The 1999 team was the last time they had consecutive seasons with losing records. They were 7-9 in '98.

Cowher had only three losing records. Tomlin has never had a losing record.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Your point was woe is me, my Steelers lost their starting center we're so hurt and can't possibly compete against a really, really beat up Ravens team. My point is some teams figure it out. If the 10-0 Steelers can't figure out a couple of injuries and an inconvenient scheduling, they should just quit now.

sgreenwell and JC like this.
  10. outofplace

No, my point was that the game isn't nearly the mismatch you and others are making it out to be. The last-minute loss of Pouncey just adds to the Ravens' chances.

My other point is that it is ridiculous that they moved the game from Tuesday today even though there hadn't been any new positive tests Sunday or Monday, but now they are going ahead and playing despite positive tests on both teams within the last 24 hours.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

To be honest, I loved the Steelers until you started sucking their ...

JC likes this.
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So that Dobbins and Ingram could play.

Draft saved Draft deleted