1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12: The pride of Mr. John Brodie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Nov 23, 2011.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Since I don't think one's been started yet, and we've got a tripleheader Thursday ...

Could we actually have a Thanksgiving day with decent games for a change? OK, some of the luster's off Packers-Lions, and Dolphins-Cowboys is one for folks who only see the Cowboys this time of year, but 49ers-Ravens is becoming more than Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh with San Francisco's success this season.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Packers-Lions offers the shot at a replay of the 1962 game, the only one the Pack lost that year. They didn't keep the stat, but it is claimed Roger Brown had seven (!!) sacks of Bart Starr.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is the best slate of Thanksgiving games I can ever remember.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, how many times do you plan out the day and say "OK we'll eat during the Cowboys game because that's the shit one." Even at that, the Dolphins are somehow playing competent football lately, and it could be a pretty good game.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Packers have to lose at some point don't they?

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'm still not sold on the Cowboys. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Miami gives them a game and maybe even wins.

7. LongTimeListener

You'd have to think so, simply because they aren't good enough to go 16-0. That's a defense that ranges from above average to poor.

I figure the game they lose is one where they have a 17-point lead, Rodgers is completing 85 percent of his passes and they could go for the kill early in the second half, but McCarthy decides it's time to work on the ground game and run some clock.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If there's one thing the 2011 Lions can do, it's score points in bunches, so that plays into your scenario, LTL.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

In many cases, the Lions on Thanksgiving Day play at roughly the same level as the Tecmo Super Bowl version of the New York Giants. If the Pack are going to lose a regular season game that makes sense, this would be the one.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Tebow responds to Jake Plummer's criticism. No mention of handball.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/22/tebow-to-plummer-ill-take-every-opportunity-to-praise-the-lord/

11. LongTimeListener

Good point re Kidd, but I don't know that Tebow ever punched Jesus in the face.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Well done.

Draft saved Draft deleted