1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hiredguy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Indeed. I got to watch most of the game, but I'd have like to have done it with a beer in my hand and a shot in the other!

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

Well, Griese had 6 TDs in 77 and Harrington had 3 today.
    I'll take it.
    Dolphins D comes up big after late wake-up call.
    If Brown has a broken hand, Phins' season could be over (if it wasn't when they were 1-6).

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

The NFL Network telecast just said that Adam Schefter is reporting that this is Plummer's final game as the starter tonight - they said this as the cameras caught Shanahan and the Snake jawing at each other on the sidelines.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Just talked about the "heated conversation" on pirate radio. I'm DVRing the game at home. Will be interesting to see what all is said. If anyone would know, it would be Schefter. But if the call's been made, then that means he was Dead QB entering the game. Can't remember that ever happening.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And thanks for the head's up.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

We. Want.

[​IMG]

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

No problem.... it's pretty obvious from watching the game tonight that Plummer isn't getting it done. Short-hopping throws, making bad reads, etc.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Listening to the Broncos' broadcast is even worse. Kinda funny, though, when they suck him off on the rare occasion he makes a play.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Do you need a moist towelette there, Songbird? Maybe a cold shower? :D

Romo is the real deal. And Shottie, the Warner comparision struck me as well. In that NFC, they look like the second-best team by a mile. And the Bears sure aren't scaring anyone. This might be Parcells' last best shot.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

They made a good point about Romo on TV ... he's really making it look effortless right now. Most people don't make THAT stand up over the long haul, but it's a hell of a start.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

He's five starts into his career. Granted, those are five damn good starts, but to say he's the real deal at this point is ludicrous.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

What I like about romo (lower case in honor of hoops) is it looks like he's having a blast out there. Bledsoe always seemed so beaten down by life, even as a rookie in 1993. I'm sure the realities of NFL life will hit Romo soon enough--maybe as soon as he gets tired of the rumours about him and Jessica Simpson, though I could live with those--and he'll become just as jaded as the next guy. But it'll be nice to watch until then.

Draft saved Draft deleted