1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hiredguy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. stevenash

stevenash Member

agree

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Self-inflicted? The fans, organization and media have all clamored for Cutler since the moment the Broncos drafted him. Plummer wouldn't be human if it didn't affect him.

3. stevenash

stevenash Member

humans do have emotions

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Barber's a phony. He's a me-first guy. Or don't you remember him ripping into the coaching staff following the playoff loss to Carolina?

5. stevenash

stevenash Member

yeah, it was a shock

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Lions won't win this game. They are without their top two defensive tackles again. Kevin Jones may not play with a bum ankle (meaning they will have no running game).

On the bright side (or is it dark side), Mike Williams may actually see the field this week.

You used to be able to count on the Lions playing well on Thanksgiving, but the last few years, they've done almost nothing.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ok, FantasyAlliance, you make some good points. But what's the deal with Tiki telling Giants coaches during the game to put in Jacobs in a certain situation? WTF is that?

I don't like Tiki - I think he's a fake, over - smiling guy who's in full 'set - up my post - football career' mode, but I can see what you're saying. But the Jacobs stuff seems over the line. 'Coach Tiki,' IMO, needs a big dose of STFU right about now. That team seems on the verge of breaking apart; Tiki could use his leadership skills to keep it from sinking.

Maybe that's what his 'give me the ball' comments were about. That is, let me take the pressure off of Eli. I could see that. But chill on being the O - coordinator, Tiki. Smile more, talk less.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I can agree with that point. But to me, you suck it up. Make plays. Stop overthinking.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Miami got lucky last week, and I bet they're looking ahead to the Jags on Dec. 3. I smell upset (or is it turkey?)
    If Harrington plays half as well as Bob Griese did on T-giving 1977 (against the Cards), I'd be thrilled.
    BTW: Jason Taylor = Def. MVP.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Wow, Harrington just stuck it to the Lions.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Romo just hit TO in the wrong spot ... his hands. Touchdown dropped, Owens down and appears injured. Probably a bruised ego.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

14-7, Cowpokes.

I don't think a QB has swept into this league with such sudden feel-good success since Kurt Warner came out of the gate like he did.

Draft saved Draft deleted