1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hiredguy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. stevenash

stevenash Member

you stated that this is the worst nfl thread ever, so i replied what are we supposed to talk about if nobody gives a topic

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Enough about me, let's talk about you for a minute
    Enough about you, let's talk about life for a while

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Well,

How low would the Lions have sunk (not that there's far to go) if Harrington comes to town and beats them, which is a distinct possibility?

If the once-mighty Broncos lose to the Chiefs, another distinct possibility, then Denver all of a sudden is in third place in their own division.

Will Dallas follow one of its biggest wins in years with a letdown against the Bucs, who are playing their third game in 11 days (and aren't very good to begin with). Who wins the battle of Gradkowski vs. Romo?

4. stevenash

stevenash Member

i'd say ROMO just because of the role he's had

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'd say Harrington beating the Lions is a good bet, as are numerous fire Millen chants and paper bags over heads.

The other question may be can the Dolphins defense keep up this run of games with scores? It certainly isn't out of the question that they'd take another one back tomorrow.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Alanis on an NFL thread. Sportschick is pleased!

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Detroit 24, Miami 19
    Kansas City 35, Denver 0
    Dallas 24, Tampa Bay 6

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

These are dreamland picks. Denver-KC ought to be a close game, and no way to the Fins lose to a turnover-prone team like the Lions how they've played defense of late.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Harrington's going to psyche himself out because he's going to try too hard to "prove" to Detroit fans that he's better than what he was. And Plummer's just plummeting into the depths of self-inflicted woe.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'd say Miami 24, Detroit 13
    Dallas 31, Tampa Bay 14
    Denver 27, Kansas City 24 (for those fortunate enough to get to see it!)

Have a good turkey day tomorrow everyone. I'll be at work!

11. pallister

pallister Guest

The Lions shut down Michael Vick. They can do the same to Harrington [/sortakidding]

12. Barber has been a class act his entire career, so I don't care if there's one article written about him wanting more carries. Most skill position players say something like this once in a while, but this doesn't mean they aren't team players. Just saying, "I'd like to have a few more carries," and "I'd better get some goddamn carries or I'll ruin the team" are completly different, but the media just loves to cut the quote down and put up an eye-catching headline.

Draft saved Draft deleted