1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12: Pigskin with all the fixings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Spartan Squad, Nov 21, 2018.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

coaching is not to be underestimated.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Steelers tight end Xavier Grimble admitted he cost his team a touchdown today because he wanted to be a tough guy. Early in the game, a beautifully-designed play left him wide open for a catch. No defender challenged him until he reached the end zone. He tried to go through the guy rather than cut back for an easy score and fumbled through the end zone. This was far from the only stupid and careless thing they did today, but it was an ugly one.

Grimble's quote: "He didn't surprise me at all. I saw him coming. I could've cut back and scored but I wanted to run right through him. I was probably too aggressive. That's what happened. Unfortunately."

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are you new to the NFL?

poindexter likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Colts, after starting 1-5 and barfing up a couple of games in that stretch, win five in a row to go 6-5. Though it might not matter as the Texans are red-hot.

Luck seems like a lock for Comeback Player of the Year. Though, I wish they’d stop throwing trick passes to him. Big catch on 4th down, but he took a big hit on that play.

They might not have enough to make the playoffs this year. But appear a rising force with the current crew and the most money to spend this offseason.

McDaniels snubbing them as head coach and getting Frank Reich looks good.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes, but not Adam Thielen. Cris Collinsworth said he is not the best athlete, but he is very clever. Wonder why he thought that.

6. outofplace

Are you suggesting that the white former NFL wide receiver assumed the current NFL receiver isn't a great athlete because he is white?

I was under the impression that Thielen didn't have great measurables. Remember, this is an undrafted free agent who was on the Vikings' practice squad in 2013 and caught a total of 20 passes in 2014 and 2015 combined.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Drove on the I 15 in Vegas this weekend, and the Raiders stadium is going up quickly. I thought the stadium was further out - it is just across the freeway from the Mandalay Bay, and it looks like the stadium is like a stone's throw from the freeway.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He clevered his way into the lineup.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was looking at the site on Google Earth the other day and the footprint seemed very small.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I bet he’s the first one to the practice facility in the morning and the last one to leave

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

i.e., he came up white at the combine

12. outofplace

I get the point you and 'yab are making. I'm just saying Collinsworth's description of Thielen has basis other than race.

Draft saved Draft deleted