1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 ... Kissing Suzy Kolber

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Nov 17, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is part of what I meant by other factors in their decision to let him go. I think they also knew that Harrison was going to be good. Maybe not on this level, but they knew he could play.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ocho Cinco breaks rules, Chris Henry breaks laws ... guess who's starting tonite??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3714715

3. outofplace

The way the Bengals have handled Henry, particularly since the end of last season, is proof of just how bad that organization really is. They actually talked a good game about taking the high road when they cut him loose, then caved and took him back when a few injuries hit at receiver.

"Look at us! We're doing something to address the character issues on this football team!. Oh, wait....we need a receiver? Never mind!"

One bit of positive news for the Bengals. It may snow in Pittsburgh tonight. A messy playing surface at Heinz Field could be a bit of an equalizer for the Bengals against a Steelers team that is much more athletic.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That franchise is just a joke.

How awful would it be to be a football fan in Cincinnati?

I guess as bad as being a baseball fan in Pittsburgh.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So what did Cinco do?

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Kissed the wrong guy?

7. Didn't SI do that big piece on the Bengals and Marvin Lewis right before the season started. It was all about turning the corner because of decisions from Lewis and the FO to let guys like Chris Henry go. That issue hit the newsstands a day after the team resigned Henry.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tonite's game will feature a result similar to the Steelers' 27-7 pasting of the Browns in 2006, on a frigid Thursday night in December at Heinz Field. Except you can take the 7 away from the Bengals.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Looks like NFL Network gets a dog with fleas after a couple of purebred beauties.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

The local sportstalker scoops ESPN: Ocho Cinco won't play - UPDATE

11. Never knew ocho stinko was the afternoon napper type. How often do you oversleep for an evening meeting?

12. outofplace

Sounds good to me. I guess I was just thinking of how the Steelers failed to put the Bengals away until the fourth quarter earlier this season, then blew it open late. Combine that with Pittsburgh's inability to finish drives lately and I keep thinking the Steelers are going to let them hang around in this one a lot longer than they should.

Draft saved Draft deleted