1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 ... Kissing Suzy Kolber

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not sure if they dropped him into coverage so much as them using a 4-3, which Porter called a wrong move with the Dolphins trying to use him. Back to a 3-4 this year, all is well again.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Outside in the 4-3.... didn't have nearly the number of pass-rush opportunities. Too many responsibilities.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thanks Oz and Simon. I had forgotten that they ran a 4-3 last year. It's not that he can't play it, but that certainly isn't the best way to utilize Porter's skills.

Seems like he's having a hell of a year, though his replacement in Pittsburgh ain't bad, either.

4. Simon_Cowbell

I have to say.... I'm amazed.

Porter had consecutive years of about a one-quarter reduction of sacks per season headed into this one.

I figured he was done.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Giants giving 3 at Arizona. Not much incentive to pick the Cards.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Cards are gonna handle them.

7. outofplace

You've got company on that one. The Steelers certainly seemed to think he was getting close to the end, though there were other factors in play when they let him go. I thought he was done after last year.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Cards have beaten the 49ers twice, the Rams, the Seahawks, Miami in week 2, the Bills and Cowgurlz. Good for them, but nothing impressive about the competition they've beaten.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Cards at home
    Beat 6-4 Dolphins by 21
    Beat 5-5 Buffalo by 24
    Beat 6-4 Dallas (with Romo) by 6
    Beat 3-7 49ers by 5

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What does his contract in Miami look like?

Done or not, there was no way the Steelers were going to pay that contract or anything close.

11. outofplace

None of those teams is on the same level with the Giants. Not that the Cardinals can't win. They have a pretty good run defense and Warner could carve up New York's secondary if his line can keep him upright. It's that last bit that they are going to have trouble with.

12. Simon_Cowbell

From Bouchette in March 2007
    >>He got a ton more money than the $5 million he was to earn with the Steelers this season. Porter agreed to a five-year, $32 million contract with the Dolphins that will pay him a reported $12 million signing bonus and another $8 million in guaranteed money. His signing bonus is $3 million more than the Steelers have paid a player.>>

Draft saved Draft deleted