1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 ... Kissing Suzy Kolber

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

No.

Favre is wayyyy overdue for a shit-sandwich game.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

And sorry but the Dolphins are due to start playing down to their actual talent level. Sparano is doing a great job but that team just doesn't stand out that great to me. Something's ... fishy.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I didn't believe in the Dolphins, either, and thought Cowbell was way too optimistic when he predicted the playoffs. But now...yeah. That's a damn good team led by a really good coach. It's a cliche, but it's true: They're not pretty, but they find a way to win.

With four very winnable games left (49ers, Bills, Rams, Chiefs), I'd be surprised at this point if they don't win 10 games and make the playoffs. And a win against the Pats or Jets might win them the division and earn them a no. 2 seed.

Cowbell may have been right. Again. That bastard. :D

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup. The Saints were saying "Who Dat?" at least a generation ago.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

We said that all last season, didn't happen until the NFC title game.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's why I love to make fun of it. How pathetic do do you have to be to rip off the Saiints?

7. Simon_Cowbell

Only reason they, a) aren't 7-3 and b) aren't cruising by teams so far is special teams.

Only reason.

You may be right.... they could shit the bed. But if they find a way to go 2-1 against the remaining AFC East teams (with the other games against the 49ers (home), at the Rams and at the Chiefs... even the Bills road game is indoors in Toronto)

The schedule is really in their favor.

I would love their record to be good enough - if Tennessee loses a game - to force that season finale at the Jets to be the NBC night game.

8. Simon_Cowbell

From today's Boston Globe. Oops:

Patriots defensive coordinator Josh McDaniels said the Dolphins are using Porter to rush the quarterback on most passing plays, which wasn't the case last year. Porter's pass-rushing ability at linebacker has allowed Miami to rush just four players most of the time and drop seven into coverage to bolster a secondary that is pedestrian at best outside of cornerback Will Allen.

9. outofplace

Does that hold up with what you saw watching games last year?

Porter can help a team in coverage, but if he isn't rushing the passer most of the time, his greatest strength is being wasted.

10. Simon_Cowbell

That wasn't the oops.... oop

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

A song from our Tuesday Trivia host (and rabid Eagles fan):
    "Tie, Eagles, Tie, on the road to apathy."

12. outofplace

Whoops. I blew right past the mistake regarding McDaniels.

But I really am currious. Did they drop Porter into coverage too much last year?

Draft saved Draft deleted