1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12: Bubbler gets his Lisch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 20, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's quite a prediction.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Area was crazy in the 70's, 80's and 90's already (wife from Md. still sngs "Hail to the Redskins"; hate it.)

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Redskins fan base is one of the more passionate around, despite the franchise sucking for most of the last two decades. That this is even a debate is stupid.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No, but they have been sleeping for the last 10 years. If they curb stomp the Cowboys on Thursday, it might get them started again. They lose to Dallas, it's back to same old Redskins for a while longer.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That is a great song.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Smith will be the starter when he's ready. He came back to the team this season as a free agent because he felt they had a chance to win it all. What has he not done thus far in the season?

Kaepernick has started ONE GAME. Let's not put him in the Hall of Fame quite yet.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The NFL is ready for a heavily tattooed superstar quarterback.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Here is something Vernon Davis said last night: "The ball that he threw me, it was one of those balls that you see Tom Brady throw. Second window, right on the money, wow, surprise. I didn’t expect the ball to come because we’ve run that play quite a few times and the tight end usually doesn’t get the ball on that play.”

That's Vernon Davis, the 49ers' best weapon, who has been a ghost in the offense for the last six games but was featured last night. And he is saying they can run plays they couldn't run with Alex.

I have been as big a defender of Smith as anyone on this board. And I know Kaepernick's blackness (half-blackness technically) is throwing you toward one side of this debate. But I think Kaepernick starts Sunday against New Orleans, and if he does the same thing he did last night, he's in for good.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That's a line from the movie "Clue," although I don't know if that's what you're referring to...

10. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

Here come the Saints...doo doo do do

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Indeed, though Miss Scarlet's line is "You ain't just whistlin' Dixie".

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's where my reference came from.

Draft saved Draft deleted