1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12: Bubbler gets his Lisch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yes. Having lived in the area, whether it be in Richmond, D.C., or Maryland for 20 years now, I don't understand his statement at all. The fans are passionate, despite the shitty ownership. That hasn't changed.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can honestly say it's more fun watching Dan Snyder's hopes crash and burn than it is watching Jerry Jones'. Go Cowboys.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, though I've never been to a game in the new stadium. Went to a few in RFK, which was an interesting experience. Lucky for me, none involved the Steelers, so I managed to get out alive. I did get a few threatening looks for laughing my ass off watching the Giants kick their asses there once, though.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Harbaugh last night, given the chance to back Alex Smith, says only that he wants to go with the "hot hand."

This has to be close to unprecedented in terms of controversy. I can't blame Harbaugh or say he'd be wrong by going with Kaepernick, the offense undoubtedly had more life last night and against a great defense, but Smith is the third-rated passer in the league and completed 25 of 27 passes in his last two games. Can't even think of anyone being replaced who was playing at that level at least statistically.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

LOL

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Don't act like going to a Skins game (at RFK or FedEx) is closely related to going to a game in Philly or Oakland. Because it's not. Sure, there are assholes at EVERY stadium, but I've never heard of RFK or FedEx having a reputation as a place that makes fans of the visiting team uncomfortable. Or whatever it was you meant by "interesting."

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Schefter tweeted that Ted Cottrell reduced Ed Reed's one-game suspension to a $50k fine...

8. outofplace

As I said, I've never been to FedEx. I did see some ugly situations when I went to games at RFK. I doubt it is anything like Oakland or Philly, but in my experience, it was not a friendly place to root for the other team.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. shockey

shockey Active Member

upon further review... bravo. i'm sure this episode helped the league get its point across and saner heads prevailed on the over-the--top 1-game suspension.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Brady and Bledsoe?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One losing season in 2000. They were 8-8 in 1999. Gave him an extension in early 2000, but of course, they hadn't even drafted Brady yet. FWIW, Brady's first day of rookie camp was a catastrophe. He was lucky his passes hit the ground. Seemed to rally after that, though. There wasn't much controversy at first because Bledsoe's injury was so serious. Drew forced the issue by saying he was healthy in November, and Belichick chose to stick with Brady.

12. outofplace

When group of fans of the home team threaten them and then start throwing punches, that's just a tad over the line.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted