1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12: Bubbler gets his Lisch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 20, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Be back in a moment with some games ... :D

Turkey Day
    Lions-Texans
    Cowboys-Redskins
    Patriots-Jets

San Fran vs. New Orleans is the marquee matchup Sunday afternoon, and the best game of the day is likely Giants-Packers.

There is no game Monday night.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Saints-49ers. Should be a good indicator of whether Saints are really back in it. Gonna be an interesting week out here with everyone calling for Kaepernick to start and the memory of Smith playing the game of his life the last time he saw New Orleans. My gut feeling is Alex returns as the starter but with an ultra-tight leash and an expanded role for Kaepernick (who had been getting a few series per game even before this).

Cowboys-Redskins would normally be two teams playing out the string, but in the parity-loving NFL, 5-5 and 4-6 means a huge rivalry game with playoff implications on Thanksgiving afternoon. That's America, baby!

Also I haven't seen the line, but take the Bengals minus whatever. Three games in a row the Raiders have lost by double digits.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The league suspended Ed Reed for his third violation of league safety rules, the helmet-to-helmet hit he put on Emmanuel Sanders Sunday night.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ravens-ed-reed-suspended-nfl-210832686--nfl.html

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No Willis McGahee for the Donkeys (out six to eight weeks, torn MCL), but they're at the Chiefs, traditionally a bad spot for them, especially in November and December. Broncos a massive 11.5-point favorite, the fattest line of the week (Bengals next at -9.5).

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's hard to conceive of the Chiefs being a bad spot for anybody this year, history or no history.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

For a split second I thought you were serious about the MNF game.

So if you're Harbaugh, do you start Smith or Kaepernick against the Saints?

Lions-Texans should be a fun game to watch. It's refreshing when the Thanksgiving games are actually worth watching...

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't care if the Packers win by 20 on Sunday night, I would still expect the Giants to win if they play again in the playoffs.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

For selfish fantasy purposes, I hope the Giants win 56-49.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I really hope the Skins beat the hell out for the Pokes.

I want to live in an area that has a fan base passionate about their football team. Thursday is a big step in that direction.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ya, the Redskins fan base has been pretty ambivalent over the years.

On a related note, Dallas has won all six Turkey Day meetings between the rivals.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

What?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Having spent far more time surrounded by Redskins fans than I would ever want to, 93Devil's comment made me shake my head, too. I didn't think it would change THAT much in recent years and there is a good reason I used to hate Redskins fans almost as much as Zag hates Steelers fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted