1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Nov 11, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There was a report this weekend that Bowman was still having pain in the knee and wasn't sure if he was going to practice this week. He has to start practicing by next week to be eligible at all.

If he plays, it's more likely to be a gutty hobbling-around effort than the way he was playing last year. I don't think he's going to help in a meaningful way, especially in pass coverage where he has been so great.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Mickey Shuler was damn good.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Assuming the Niners can beat the Giants and Redskins, they should, but you can take nothing for granted with this team, things could get interesting. They also still get to play the Raiders and if they win those three, they can split the two games with Seattle, the one game with Arizona and the Chargers and finish 10-6.

That may be enough, it may not be enough.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was more of a Zorn guy.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Really? I loved Kreig.

6. Morris816

Morris816 Member

I know people look at that Akeem Ayers sack in the Indy-NE game, but that was more a case of the whole Broncos team playing poorly than it had anything to do with one player. Franklin has actually been one of the better linemen this season.

The issues with the OL comes down to run blocking, where Franklin has done well, but Manny Ramirez has regressed and Chris Clark wasn't doing well, either, hence why they moved everybody around. They first had Paul Cornick replace Clark, but then Cornick got hurt during practice last week.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

On paper, it looks good for the Niners, but you're right, nothing is a sure lock. San Fran lost to the Bears for God sake. Even 10-6, I don't know if they get in. Seattle could still finish 11-5 or 12-4 and get in with a Wild Card (assuming Arizona doesn't implode with the loss of Palmer). Dallas or Philly could easily take the other Wild Card spot as consolation for not winning the division. And it's hard to over look Detroit and Green Bay as potential Wild Card teams, again for the one who doesn't win the division. San Francisco could be last year's Arizona and be on the outside looking in with a decent record. I don't know if 10 wins get it done.

Also, Bowman is a huge question mark, as pointed out already on this thread. I feel like the Niners need him with Willis done for the season against teams like Seattle and Arizona.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

People forget how good the Bears looked earlier in the season. That was not the same team we've seen the last two games.

If you win 10 and don't get in, all you can do is throw your hands into the air. It happens.

I could see the NFC shaking down like this:

NFC North: Packers
    NFC West: Cardinals
    NFC East: Cowboys
    NFC South: Saints
    WC1 - Eagles
    WC2 - Lions

I would not be surprised to see Seattle and San Francisco left home.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Must Manny being Manny?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So what do you think those three V.P.s for domestic violence that Roger hired do all day?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised at how many people still like Arizona without Palmer. In the six games he started this season, Arizona averaged 360 yards of offense and 26 points per game. In the three he did not start, they averaged 273 ypg and 23 ppg. It's not the same team without him.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Those three were two wins and against the 49ers, Giants and Broncos. Not that the Giants are much, but the Cards did score 25 in that one, just one point off the average with Palmer.

Draft saved Draft deleted