1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hector clawed and scratched for every inch.

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

If the Bears were to trade Cutler, what do you think they could get for him?

Less than a 3rd? He may be inconsistent, he's still a above average QB. I really think Tampa would put up a 3rd or 4th for him because of his history with Lovie, but maybe I'm wrong.

It also appears that the Bears have already paid out the majority of the guaranteed money. 38 million so far, 16 next season, and then only 6 after that.

So a team next year would only be looking at one season of a hefty contract.

source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/10/bears-technically-arent-stuck-with-cutler/

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Broncos think about toughening their guys up by having someone shit in their mouth.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/richie-incognito-broncos-to-bring-in-offensive-lineman-for-workout-111114

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I doubt they trade him b/c, again, who's replacing him?
    But, if they do, what would the cap hit be from trading him?

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I think this is a move to try and free up Franklin for a move back to RT. Fox and the rest of the front office must not feel comfortable with Montgomery being a full time starter.

I actually thought that Denver's OL was going to be a major strength this season and I liked the tweaks Denver made going into the season. I thought Franklin could potentially dominate at OG. However, it's pretty clear he lacks the quickness to control quick penetration up the middle, I also thought that Clark, while not as good as Franklin in the running game, would be a major upgrade as a pass protector which is where Denver got hurt in numerous games last season on the right side, especially with speed rushers.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

And $16 mil isn't that crazy for a starting QB.

I doubt they could get a No. 3 for him. Maybe a fifth-rounder, if anything.

Who would want him? He's a good fit nowhere.

7. RecoveringJournalist

I want the Niners to sign him so Jonathan Martin will go away.

8. RecoveringJournalist

My understanding is that the cap hit would be huge. It might be worth it to get rid of him and move on, but I don't see the McCaskey's signing off on that one.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Where do you stand on the original Curt Warner?

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

jameis winston to the Bears would be exciting

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The only thing that lessens the blow of losing Willis for the Niners is the fact they are getting Aldon Smith back this week and they are likely to get Navorro Bowman back either this week or next.
    With Smith giving a pass rush against Manning and Borland continuing to be a beast against the run, Niners might be OK. And if Bowman comes back healthy, Niners might absorb the loss of Willis.
    Especially going against the Giants and the Redskins over the next two weeks, the San Fran defense could get a lot better and it has been no slouch this whole year (the Denver game excluded).

12. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Despite numerous defensive losses, the Niners and Cardinals are both still in the top 5 for fewest rushing yards allowed.

Draft saved Draft deleted