1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Bears will play well enough the next seven games to fuck up their draft situation and give fans a glimmer of hope that they will inevitably crush next season.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Most of the fans I'm in contact with know better than to get their hopes up. We're resigned to fucking up the draft position and going through it all again next year with a slightly older, worse team.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So in other words, Rick:

"Jay is our quarterback."

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm crying while I say it, but yes.

Some tiny part of me hopes that maybe he's just being super pissy and lazy about his footwork and that's why it looks like his arm is starting to go. But he was pissy and lazy in the past and still made amazing throws.

In years past, sure, he'd make shitty decisions five times a game and between 0 and 5 of them would get picked off, depending on how lucky he was that day. But he'd also almost never miss a throw, and he'd make half a dozen a game that only a couple of guys can make. The combination of touch and arm strength would blow you away.

That's gone this year. I can't remember a single one of those "wow" throws, and he's flat-out missing his target multiple times per game, which never used to happen at all. He's 31 and has taken more hits than just about any quarterback of his era by that age. I think the body is starting to break down, just in time for the ink to dry on his new contract. Lovely.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Marquess Wilson will fix everything.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

It takes serious balls to take an opinion (verbatim) from another message board, pass it off as your own on this board, then rip Fart for a minor d_b.

Unless you legitimately are Tank Williams on the link below, but I have my doubts.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18841583

7. Mr. Sunshine

Some people have way too much time on their hands.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

THAT'S AWESOME!!

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It's cool, I have always been amused by the D_B cops on this board. Subtype of the obsessive-compulsive set, it seems.
    The Moon Oilers were busted up en masse and without any hesitation, but that was also conveniently after the free agency system began.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Miami averaging 7.6 yards per rush, and 7.3 yards per pass. Managed 10 points.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Was there a game on tonight?

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

In the event you're referring to me, it took me about a millisecond to realize there was no way that was written by Gehrig. And maybe another three seconds to Google that passage.

Time well spent to expose a fraud.

Draft saved Draft deleted