1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Philly-Green Bay and New England-Indy appear to be the only decent matchups.

Also of note, it's a Steelers-free Sunday, as they face the Titans on Monday night.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Would think two teams with a combined record of 15-3 in the Lions v. Cardinals bear mentioning as well.

Not to mention some games with both teams having playoff aspirations; Bills/Dolphins, Chiefs/Seahawks and Bengals/Saints.

3. Mr. Sunshine

With Stanton at QB, the Cardinals-Lions matchup loses some luster.

Chiefs-Seahawks deserves a mention, though. Might not be pretty, but should be a good game.

4. Mr. Sunshine

LTL will enjoy this.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-marc-trestman-under-fire-haugh-spt-1111-20141110-column.html

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what has to happen for people to think the Lions are for real.

I tend to think the Packers will crush the Eagles, but I hope it actually produces the shootout people seem to expect every time someone plays the Packers.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Good column. But that's exactly the tone he had before the game, in the taped interview with Costas. Said something about what a wonderful opportunity the last week had been to work through their problems. Probably sleep-deprivation stress and looniness.

Might have to do a mercy firing there or Soldier Field will get U-G-L-Y.

7. Mr. Sunshine

The Packers' defense plays great against the Bears, but that's about it.

As for the Lions, the offense has been surprisingly inneffective until the end of games. Been a weird season in Detroit.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Trestman makes Lovie look like Jim Harbaugh in the emotions department.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

@scottwalker After this past week, I still have more wins in WI than Jay Cutler. #GoPackGo

10. RecoveringJournalist

I guess Illinois will go to Hillary in 2016. :D

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Rodgers has a 26-0 TD-INT rate in his last 10 home games.

12. RecoveringJournalist

It's a good column.

Firing a coach with multiple years left on his contract goes against everything the Bears have ever done, but I'm not sure what they're supposed to do here.

I think their best option, as bad as it may be, is to get rid of Cutler, no matter how bad the cap hit is. I read somewhere that they can save themselves $16 million if they cut him before March, but then they'd still take a giant cap hit next season.

Draft saved Draft deleted